`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Digital Download Cards Sell for HUNDREDS of Dollars

RE: Digital Download Cards Sell for HUNDREDS of Dollars
(10-30-2016, 09:17 PM)dimarco73 Wrote: The biggest reason I would never "invest" time or money into a digital card is has anyone contemplated what happens as soon as the novelty wears off and things o sideways? The same thing that happens to all online games and online multi player apps. They cease to exist. The companies begin to put resources towards something else and everything ends.
You can't view, trade, buy or sell a digital file if the platform doesn't exist.

So maybe things are great this year or next year, maybe in 5 years but what happens in the future when it all ends. Your entire collection gets wiped away.
You mean like Topps did with eTopps. They literally slapped the faces of people who invested thousands of dollars, by just all of a sudden stopping production, increasing shipping costs, and removing the ability to use points for shipping. The market literally crashed on those cards. At least those were technically physical cards. However after the money I lost with eTopps I won't be investing any money into digital cards.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(10-30-2016, 09:44 PM)djohn Wrote: You mean like Topps did with eTopps. They literally slapped the faces of people who invested thousands of dollars, by just all of a sudden stopping production, increasing shipping costs, and removing the ability to use points for shipping. The market literally crashed on those cards. At least those were technically physical cards. However after the money I lost with eTopps I won't be investing any money into digital cards.
The same thing happened to me. I had a bunch of Yankees, and the only one to even be close to recouping the price was Jeter and even he didn't cover the costs.

I won't be buying any digital cards either. This reminds me of the gold and silver market where you buy some and don't take possession of it. Who know in the long run if the gold and/or silver will still be there, as the unscrupulous companies will sell more than they half, and the courts will have to decide ownership when the companies go bankrupt.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

Heck I have PhotoShop skills.

I can make digital cards.

BWAAHHAAHHAAAHHAAHAAAAA!!!!
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

This reminds me too much of the last digital craze that I lost a lot of money on. Etopps.

I loved Etopps and built quite a portfolio, however those cards did actually exist if you wanted them shipped to you, otherwise they just stayed in your digital portfolio where you could buy, sell and trade electronically. THe cards were amazing in hand and I wish they were still going.

On a side note some of the digital card designs are amazing. Maybe topps couls put a little effort into making their actual cards look that nice.
Current wants:
2023 Topps Aces
Pete Rose
Ohio State Football
Adley Rutschman