`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
curved

curved
i have a couple 2010 bowman chrome i would like to get graded, but the cards when i opened them had a curve to them, top to bottom. not sure if i'm explaining it right. otherwise the cards are close to perfect under a magnifying glass. how does Beckett deduct for the slight curve/warping?

RE: curved
I think i know what you're talking about. About 3-4 years ago I bought a little blaster box from a supermarket of (I think) 2010 chrome baseball cards. I opened them up and the cards were bent like you're saying. I actually only opened like two packs because all the packs were wrapped so tight, they all were "bent". Of the few packs I opened, all the cards had vertical lines through the surface of them (I'm guessing from the stress of the bend). Could have also been from bad production run, poor quality control etc...

To my knowledge the bend itself shouldn't affect the grade.

I've had curved cards graded and as long as your corners, edges, centering, and actual surface are unaffected the card will grade.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

(10-09-2016, 02:34 AM)y2hood Wrote: I've had curved cards graded and as long as your corners, edges, centering, and actual surface are unaffected the card will grade.
thanks guys appreciate the help, i usually air on the side of caution with any flaws. i've purchased cards on ebay already graded 9.5 or 10 and wouldn't have probably even sent them in if they were mine. they are both altuve rookies, a base and refractor, so i will take the chance this time, they have been in top loaders for about a month maybe they wont be as bad. centering, corners, surface and edges are all great.

If you want you can post some scans of the cards you want to send in so people here on the forum can give you their opinion on grades.

(10-09-2016, 04:58 PM)lane2800 Wrote: thanks guys appreciate the help, i usually air on the side of caution with any flaws. i've purchased cards on ebay already graded 9.5 or 10 and wouldn't have probably even sent them in if they were mine. they are both altuve rookies, a base and refractor, so i will take the chance this time, they have been in top loaders for about a month maybe they wont be as bad. centering, corners, surface and edges are all great.
Did you ever send in your cards to get graded?  If so, do you feel the curve impacted grading?

Randy