`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about card houses

Question about card houses
Just got card house #3 from UPS today (LCS doesn't carry them) and had a question for those of you that use them.

Do you stack them? Are you able to stack them or is it too much weight? I've currently got two sitting side by side on a desk and would prefer these and future houses stay in that space. But I also don't want to damage the cards in the lower houses.

Thoughts? Experiences?
Kepler

RE: Question about card houses
I stack them, but only stack them 2 high (mainly because I only have 2 of them).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(09-09-2016, 10:43 PM)djohn Wrote: I stack them, but only stack them 2 high (mainly because I only have 2 of them).
Cool. I don't expect I'd go more than 2 high.

Eventually I hope to have a bigger place with an extra room/office and/or more storage space. But for now I'm trying to stay as organized as possible without taking up every available inch ... I'm losing the battle right now. LOL
Kepler

(09-09-2016, 10:39 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Just got card house #3 from UPS today (LCS doesn't carry them) and had a question for those of you that use them.

Do you stack them? Are you able to stack them or is it too much weight? I've currently got two sitting side by side on a desk and would prefer these and future houses stay in that space. But I also don't want to damage the cards in the lower houses.

Thoughts? Experiences?
What do these look like? I'm always looking for organization ideas.
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

I have one but it houses a lot of cards in magnetics so it's pretty heavy. I would only stack it with that one on the bottom. Otherwise they should be ok.

(09-10-2016, 03:16 PM)bengalsandreds Wrote: What do these look like? I'm always looking for organization ideas.
i had to look them up because i didnt know what they were, I believe they refer to something like this

http://www.643doubleplay.co.uk/ekmps/sho...card-boxes-[4]-3509-p.jpg
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

This is what I've got. For all three I've picked up the one that comes with 12 2-piece 802-count boxes. You can also get them to hold the shoe box ones or just the shell like this to hold your existing boxes. They're pretty slick.

[Image: s-l1600_zpspd6ykssi.jpg]
Kepler

(09-10-2016, 05:51 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: This is what I've got. For all three I've picked up the one that comes with 12 2-piece 802-count boxes. You can also get them to hold the shoe box ones or just the shell like this to hold your existing boxes. They're pretty slick.

[Image: s-l1600_zpspd6ykssi.jpg]
I have never seen those, either. They are slick! I assume you would want to put it on something to avoid possible water damage.

(09-10-2016, 07:10 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I have never seen those, either. They are slick! I assume you would want to put it on something to avoid possible water damage.
Mine are up on an old writing desk ... and I live on the third floor, so if my apartment gets flooded we have more to worry about than cards. lol
Kepler

(09-10-2016, 07:29 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Mine are up on an old writing desk ... and I live on the third floor, so if my apartment gets flooded we have more to worry about than cards. lol
Heh heh. I have my cards in a split level home in the lower level in binders on shelves, but Commons are a waste of space so I would like an alternative. But, then I need something underneath the box. Dilemma...