Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange Cards

Strange Cards
Howdy Y'all:

I have a 1994 Score card (printed by Pinnacle) with pictures of Willie Banks on the front and Dan Wilson on the back. It's card number is RT22. I could not find this card's set in Beckett's 37th edition but I did find the RT22 card on Becket's web site which has pictures of Dan Wilson on both sides. Apparently the one I have is a print error. How could I find out how many of these odd cards were printed and what they are worth?

Regards,

Aileron

RE: Strange Cards
This is known as a wrong back (or wrong front if the player on the back is more desirable than the one on the front). This has been happening for as long as I know with cards. It is a manufacturing defect and not considered a true "error card". That being said, these type cards will never appear in any price guide, unless a card manufacturer made a bunch of the same exact ones (something I have a feeling Topps Heritage might do some day).
In terms of value, there really isn't much especially considering neither of the 2 players are highly collected. If one of the players were a superstar, then a super collector might be willing to spend a couple dollars for it, but I wouldn't expect much more than that. Since both sides are common players, the card will have minimal draw in terms of people wanting to buy it. There may be some collectors that only collect wrong back cards and other manufacturing defects (i.e. blank back, blank front, missing foil, etc), but I can't imagine they would pay more than $1 for the card.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: Strange Cards
Thank you, Sir. I found another one with Dan Williams on the back and Turner Ward on the front. They are both card number RT22. :-)