`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone tell me if this (error?) card is junk or gem?

Can someone tell me if this (error?) card is junk or gem?
    Hello, I'm hoping there's someone that can help me with the information on this Joe Dumars card, it seems there is another players card that mistakenly collided with it lol I'm not even sure what to call it, it is two separate teams even and one side even has a white player on half and a black player on the other half.

I am not a collector, I purchased many cards years ago thinking my son would be interested but he wasn't. I figured the best way to find out if it is something worth keeping/selling was to consult the experts here. I've heard mixed things from some so so collectors and just thought it best to know what it is I have, junk or gem.

Thank you in advance for your time and information
Shelley Huh

RE: Can someone tell me if this (error?) card is junk or gem?
That's junk to most people, but some like miscut cards.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

That is known as a miscut card. Your card contains about half of a Joe Dumars card and 1/2 of a Randolph Childress card. There is a very small nitch of collectors that are interested in cards like this, and most are the player collectors that just want absolutely anything with their player on it. Considering the 2 players aren't the biggest names in terms of collectability I would say that the card isn't worth very much. You might find one of the die-hard nitch collectors that will want it, but I would be surprised if it sold for more than a dollar or two, as most people would consider the card worthless and simply throw it away.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Thank you both very much for your time, I bought a lot of cards that I found out are a lot of insert cards (just learning) and I just don't have the time for messing with them much but after hearing some crazy grand stories I figured I should check, at the risk of showing my ignorance. I do really appreciate your taking your time to answer my plea!

I agree with everyone, and as stated there are some oddball/error card collectors out there. My advice would be to put it on ebay with a large buy it now or best offer option and see what kind of offers you get. You never know what someone will pay for.

Just a thought.