`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Significant Others

RE: Significant Others
(08-30-2016, 10:40 AM)bengalsandreds Wrote: I get the same thing. Only she calls it "nerd mail".
I have heard this more than once also!

(08-30-2016, 12:07 PM)djohn Wrote: Be careful with this...it will only get worse once you get married. It's not just about cards, but anything your girlfriend doesn't like will become even more disliked once you get married. It's like they try to hold back on how much they nag before you get married, and then after a year or so the floodgates open and you'll find out how much she really dislikes it.
Lucky for me my wife tolerates my collection and occasionally will buy me some cards too (usually birthday, father's day, and christmas).
Oh yeah im totally aware of it i appreciate the insight!!!! She hates my soccer games too even though she doesnt go to them, just hates me going....... im happy for everyone who does get tolerated with their things
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(08-30-2016, 12:33 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: Oh yeah im totally aware of it i appreciate the insight!!!! She hates my soccer games too even though she doesnt go to them, just hates me going....... im happy for everyone who does get tolerated with their things
Yeah, my wife tolerates my hobby, but going out to play softball is a whole different result! Wives, girlfriends, etc., do not like us men to have fun without them. I always open my cards in the same room so she does not feel left out, but going out the door alone is never a positive outcome.

(08-30-2016, 12:37 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Yeah, my wife tolerates my hobby, but going out to play softball is a whole different result! Wives, girlfriends, etc., do not like us men to have fun without them. I always open my cards in the same room so she does not feel left out, but going out the door alone is never a positive outcome.
I hear ya!!! Ive sort of abandoned my sports activities because of it, whether its softball or soccer
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

My wife doesn't say anything (married 27 yrs)
Keeps me from questioning her about her shoe collection
Cal Ripken Jr Collection
[url]http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a37/bigalbert233
2/?[/url]

My wife tolerates it. I explain that I'll have my $4 pack of baseball cards long after her $4 pint of Ben & Jerry's is gone.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I think my wife tolerates it. She doesn't say anything to me about it. When I make a big purchase like on black Thursday I will ask her if it is ok and she will give me her blessings on it.... Guess I am lucky on this one.
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

(08-30-2016, 12:25 PM)gotopes Wrote: I'm pretty lucky; aside from sometimes referring to herself as a "card widow", I don't get too much guff from my spouse. Otherwise, she doesn't mind, and has even said that she likes that collecting makes me happy.
this is me
http://cardboardcollecting.ca/

"There’s no place for the state in the bedrooms of the nation" - Pierre Trudeau

Trading and Buying 1952 Bowman baseball, contact me if you have some to trade/sell.

(08-30-2016, 02:25 PM)bigalbert Wrote: My wife doesn't say anything (married 27 yrs)
Keeps me from questioning her about her shoe collection
LOL....mine doesn't collect shoes but Rocks (with my youngest daughter). I'm talking about Rocks...not gems....Rocks. Oh, some are shiny and are made into jewelry or objects (eggs), and have fancy names, but they are just rocks. Anyone who thinks we have a problem, needs to spend some time observing the Rock collecting world.

I'm lucky in that between the Rock collecting and the pets (her other "hobby"), she spends way more money then me. Once this fact was brought to light, all complaints about my card collecting (ie money spending) stopped. We both are really good about setting our priorities right money wise and really don't overspend, so all is good!!!!!

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(08-30-2016, 03:25 PM)zeprock Wrote: My wife tolerates it. I explain that I'll have my $4 pack of baseball cards long after her $4 pint of Ben & Jerry's is gone.
LOL! PerfectSmile