`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Card in question

Card in question
Just curious to know if anyone has seen or heard anything about this card. I pulled it out of a full box back in 97 and really have never gotten an answer as to obvious error card or rarity . Gave up until now Huh it's a 1997 Leaf Fractal Matrix Gamers Y-Axis die cut Ken Griffey Jr #371. Here's the deal....it hasn't been cut. I would attack a photo but haven't figured out how on here...noob. if anyone has any more information or someone to contact that would/could give accurate info on this card, I sure would appreciate it. Thanx

RE: Card in question
You can use Photobucket or any other picture hosting site to upload the picture and then copy the code for sharing via forum to your post.
As for your question, they made a non-diecut version which is listed by Beckett. Here is the link to the listing in Beckett's database.
http://www.beckett.com/baseball/1997/lea...sy-4191364
Is that what you have, or does your card actually say "die-cut" on it (as the die-cut ones have that in foil on the card front)?
If your card does indeed say "die-cut" on it and isn't cut and you pulled it from a pack than it's simply a manufacturing flaw. Back in 1997 it might have had some decent value and carried a premium over the correct card, but now that Leaf has long since vanished and manufacturing flaws don't carry the premium they used to it probably isn't worth that much. I am sure a hard core Griffey collector would want it and be willing to pay a premium for it. At least it's a big name player and not a common.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Thnx djohn. Yes it does say y-axis die cut on it. I hadn't heard of any others being out there or ever heard of any errors, so would be curious as to whether I might have a one of a kind Griffey card.

hey i have a 1996 bowman's best cuts refractor #1 (griffey) it is also "uncut" i bought it from a local dealer hoping it would be a gem still havent heard anything about it it could be called - generally - a printer's proof, although that's not in becketts official records i saw a similar jeter and michael jordan go for close to $10,000!
1,809 Griffey Juniors