`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
August trades / August call ups

August trades / August call ups
I usually accustomed to my Yankees being a little more competitive in August, so usually they're buyers and not sellers. This year is dramatically different. Nice to see they're investing in the future. Trying to recreate the 'Core Four' is like trying to capture lightning in a bottle, but I admire the attempt. I can understand trading Beltran and i can justify trading Chapman. The only really disappointment is their abandoning Ivan Nova. Certainly not the greatest arm to ever come up in the organization, but there are worse out there. He's had some great outings and some bad, but he wasn't so horrible that he couldn't have been a good 4th or 5th man of a rotation if given a reasonable chance. Oh well. He'll probably come back to win Cy Young next year Smile
I'm a little pumped about getting Clint Frazier .... I've been watching him as a prospect. It would be nice to see him make a career in pinstripes!

Who's your favorite team's best / worst August trades this year? Best August call ups?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: August trades / August call ups
My best and worst is actually from the same trade.

Really happy the Twins found a taker for Ricky Nolasco. Henry Santiago is basically a lefty version of Nolasco, but he's cheaper next year. Or, if they decide they don't want him, they can non-tender him and only be out the $5 million or so they're paying Nolasco next year.

I'm not sure about including Meyer and taking a flier on a AAA pitcher that wasn't even in his organization's Top-50 though. Would've rather seen them kick in someone with a little less upside - even if it meant not getting another arm in return.
Kepler

(08-03-2016, 09:37 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: My best and worst is actually from the same trade.

Really happy the Twins found a taker for Ricky Nolasco. Henry Santiago is basically a lefty version of Nolasco, but he's cheaper next year. Or, if they decide they don't want him, they can non-tender him and only be out the $5 million or so they're paying Nolasco next year.

I'm not sure about including Meyer and taking a flier on a AAA pitcher that wasn't even in his organization's Top-50 though. Would've rather seen them kick in someone with a little less upside - even if it meant not getting another arm in return.
Yeah, the real Hector Santiago will show up sooner or later. He's been good lately, but I have watched him the last few years up close, and he's a wild card. I definitely think he has more upside than Nolasco though. I already had a small Meyer PC, so this was perfect for me being an Angels nut! I was not happy as a fan with the Giants moves, but I don't second guess their moves anymore. That is what 3 WS titles in recent years will do. I was attached to Matt Duffy, but we covered that with Nunez! Thank you Twins. Especially, if we can resign him.

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

The Twins definitely won that deal I think...

The Dodgers traded three pitching prospects for Rich Hill and Josh Reddick, it looks bad on the outside, but thinking about it more and more, Hill was a CY Young candidate before getting hurt and Reddick kind of reminds of a Hunter Pence, which the Dodgers really need. That by far has to be my favorite and I can't wait for Brock Stewart to show how good he is, especially for being a 6th round pick.
Here is my Photobucket library:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/captaina789/library/?sort=3&page=1
Collecting most Top 100 Prospects and AMAZING patch cards

(08-03-2016, 12:07 PM)SF_Giants_2014 Wrote: Yeah, the real Hector Santiago will show up sooner or later. He's been good lately, but I have watched him the last few years up close, and he's a wild card. I definitely think he has more upside than Nolasco though. I already had a small Meyer PC, so this was perfect for me being an Angels nut! I was not happy as a fan with the Giants moves, but I don't second guess their moves anymore. That is what 3 WS titles in recent years will do. I was attached to Matt Duffy, but we covered that with Nunez! Thank you Twins. Especially, if we can resign him.
I'd be pretty worried if I were you and the Giants enter next season with Nunez as a starter. He's a defensive liability and he's going to come back down to Earth. I was super pumped they moved him and got anything in return.
Kepler

Matt Kemp for Hector Olivera, didnt understand this one.............
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(08-04-2016, 10:31 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: Matt Kemp for Hector Olivera, didnt understand this one.............
I think it was just a salary thing.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(08-06-2016, 03:52 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I think it was just a salary thing.
Yeah, salary relief for the Padres and PR relief for the Braves.
Kepler

(08-06-2016, 09:17 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Yeah, salary relief for the Padres and PR relief for the Braves.
Pretty much so!
Atlanta opens a new Stadium next year? 2018?

I like the Cubs/Yankees exchange.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.