`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Stadium Club Buybacks?

2016 Stadium Club Buybacks?
I just got a 1997 Stadium Club Barry Bonds in a blaster of Stadium Club. I don't see anything that identifies it as a buyback. Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks

RE: 2016 Stadium Club Buybacks?
The buybacks are supposed to be stamped somewhere to ID them as such. A card might have slipped through the stamping process. Was it signed? I thought the buybacks were also signed.
Post a pic so we can see.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I've seen several on eBay listed as buyback with no stamp or auto. I didn't do much research though so I'm not sure what the deal is. I bought a Wakefield listed as buy back just figuring it was a crappy pic and the stamp didn't show up but I couldn't even find a newer date stamped in tiny print.
Tim Wakefield
656/839 78%
617/643 96% Non 1 of 1s
67/93 Autos
46/60 Memorabilia
39 one of ones

Did any of the Stadium Club buyback cards get special stamps to indicate they were buybacks? The ones I have seen so far of players I collect are all unmarked, thus I haven't bought any.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

ive pulled two and neither were marked

So basically instead of a "buyback" since they are not stamped everyone is getting a 5 cent BV overproduced era card rather than say a base card you need to complete this year's set. Sigh......
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(07-31-2016, 10:30 PM)rmpaq5 Wrote: So basically instead of a "buyback" since they are not stamped everyone is getting a 5 cent BV overproduced era card rather than say a base card you need to complete this year's set. Sigh......
Topps did much better with added color coded stamps to their base buybacks. I know some people hate the added stamps and would rather get the old base, but that's usually for older vintage cards. I wonder if Topps listened to those complainers when it came to the Stadium Club buyback.
Personally I like the stamped buybacks, just wish that Topps would release a list of all the cards that were included in each product's buyback promotion.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(07-31-2016, 10:30 PM)rmpaq5 Wrote: So basically instead of a "buyback" since they are not stamped everyone is getting a 5 cent BV overproduced era card rather than say a base card you need to complete this year's set. Sigh......
It was a 1997 Bonds but I can't see anything that identifies it as a buyback. Oh well.