`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RANT: My favorite kind of trader

RE: RANT: My favorite kind of trader
Thanks for all the responses. I have been able to make a bunch of trades, but still need plenty more. For those that asked, you can see what cards I need for sets at this link to My Wantlist. There are also a few sets that I have started but aren't on my wantlist yet as I haven't gotten around to sorting them to figure out which cards I need, these sets include the following:
Baseball: 2011 Topps Update, 2012 Topps Update
Basketball: 10-11 Panini Gold Standard, 12-13 Fleer Retro, 14-15 Donruss Elite Dominators, 15-16 Donruss w/inserts
Football: 2012 Panini Prizm, 2014 Upper Deck Conference Greats (including copper & pewter parallels), 2015 Panini University of Florida, 2015 Panini Prizm Draft

(07-29-2016, 05:52 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: What a rotten experience! I have actually quit trading on Beckett because that exact same problem
I actually have better luck trading on Beckett, as a lot of people that are still here and actively trading are actually great traders. As I said in my original rant, this was based off a potential trade on another forum site.
(07-29-2016, 04:13 PM)gotopes Wrote: Sorry to hear about that experience! I've been willing to trade AU or GU for my set needs, but this guy just seems excessive.

One of my most satisfying trades here involved a few Jeter GUs for a ton of inserts I needed to finish a couple of very different sets.
I am absolutely the same way. I don't mind trading GU or autos for set needs, but I am not going to trade superstar autos for set needs unless those sets include autos as well.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I trade a few high value for lots of low value and vice versa all the time. The way I see it, if you're willing to give me what I view as about $35-40 worth of cards I want, you can take whatever $35-40 worth of cards from me. I've never had a problem with it, which may be why I've always listed all my commons.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

I understand if some collectors do not want to trade Commons.

However they shouldn't advertise that they will with the purpose of taking advantage of people.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2