`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Start of my catcher RC collection UPDATE 7/27

Start of my catcher RC collection UPDATE 7/27
Started this pc while I've been off. Looking for just the rookie cards right now from vintage to modern, from 1 game to 1000 games. Card must have "Catcher" notated on front or back. Don't care if its for example c/1B. As long as as there's a "C" and its a rookie I'm adding it. Must say its taken some research but the cards are relatively cheap and its been fun.

[Image: IMG_20160726_0001_NEW_zpsijyl1k3p.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20160726_0002_zpssi7erazw.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20160726_0003_NEW_zps0gpaiurx.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20160726_0003_NEW_zpsdzjhvngn.jpg]

I'm hoping to sell the Bregman auto for a nice Bench and Fisk. Have more cards incoming. Will post additions here.
Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

RE: Start of my catcher RC collection
Good start to the collection there. I've always enjoyed seeing the evolution of the catcher's gear in those old cards. A Bench RC has been on my list forever, good luck!
Topps Master Set Builder, Dodgers and Mike Piazza Collector as well.

I love this idea. I think catchers are one of the most underrated positions in baseball. I collect Ivan Rodriguez and Gary Carter, and almost started a Piazza collection when he went to the Mets. I think if I wasn't already collecting Ivan at the time, then I definitely would've started a Piazza collection. I never really thought about grabbing RCs of EVERY catcher ever, but I have picked up most of the big name rookies including Berra, Bench, and Fisk, as well as getting an autograph of each.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Very nice, love the vintage all together
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(07-27-2016, 07:48 AM)jason32rich Wrote: Good start to the collection there. I've always enjoyed seeing the evolution of the catcher's gear in those old cards. A Bench RC has been on my list forever, good luck!
Thank you much. I'm hoping to add some pre 50s catcher cards. Most of the players are in catchers gear and I think are the best looking cards of all.

(07-27-2016, 07:50 AM)djohn Wrote: I love this idea. I think catchers are one of the most underrated positions in baseball. I collect Ivan Rodriguez and Gary Carter, and almost started a Piazza collection when he went to the Mets. I think if I wasn't already collecting Ivan at the time, then I definitely would've started a Piazza collection. I never really thought about grabbing RCs of EVERY catcher ever, but I have picked up most of the big name rookies including Berra, Bench, and Fisk, as well as getting an autograph of each.
Thank you much for the comment. Talked about collecting catchers forever and it took a little push from some friends to get me started. Your right about being underrated. No love at all in my opinion which in turn keeps their RC prices down. I thought about collecting 1 or 2 players but thought rookie cards of every catcher would be fun. May branch out some but wanted to start there. I've learned a lot in doing research looking for cards so its been a plus/plus. I'm on the lookout for a Bench, Fisk, Berra. Hopefully I can add them soon.

(07-27-2016, 10:52 AM)elberson Wrote: Very nice, love the vintage all together
Thank you. Wanted to start with cards I don't see a lot of and I love vintage. Have more incoming and hoping to add some older ones.

How far back are you going to go? Are you going to try and pick up Bill Dickey, Mickey Cochrane and some of the other great pre-war catchers? It will probably be much easier and cheaper to stick with post-war cards, as finding/defining RCs for pre-war cards can be tricky.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(07-27-2016, 01:12 PM)djohn Wrote: How far back are you going to go? Are you going to try and pick up Bill Dickey, Mickey Cochrane and some of the other great pre-war catchers? It will probably be much easier and cheaper to stick with post-war cards, as finding/defining RCs for pre-war cards can be tricky.
I'd like to go as far back as my bank account will allow which may not be too far back. I know there will be RCs and other cards that will be unattainable. In that case, I may get a card I can afford of that player. Nothing set in stone with this pc. Just trying to show the backstoppers they're not forgotten.

Todays mail and LCS pickups. Can't go wrong with any of these guys as a backstop. Will post new additions weekly.

[Image: IMG_20160727_0001_zpsowfq4qoh.jpg]

Thanks for looking.

Mike

RE: Start of my catcher RC collection UPDATE 7/27
Nice collection so far, man! With my kid's favorite player being Jonathan Lucroy, I can understand one's affinity for catchers!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

RE: Start of my catcher RC collection UPDATE 7/27
Research is one of my favorite parts of collecting! It helps narrow my focus and teaches me a lot about who's in these cards.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.