`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
change to opg

RE: change to opg
I just got the updated pricing email, too.

If the update is for additional features, like the one Rich mentioned, I'm cool with it. I won't use it that much, and I already notice that it's pretty behind, but what's an extra $2 per month for something I might occasionally use.

If, however, the increase is so that I can access it online and on iOS, which I'm seeing a lot of little notes on the website for, then I'm not a happy camper. Not having an iPhone or a Mac of any kind, I'm not keen on paying any extra money for a service I can't utilize.
Kepler

The increase is for the inclusion of iOS app, which sucks as I have an Android device as well. However I am not sure if they also included the Market Data information. The Market Data is actually pretty interesting to see for some cards. I would love a little more transparency to it though, like providing a link to the ended auction or even just the auction number so I could look it up myself. The Market Data is definitely missing a lot right now, so I will be curious to see if it gets more filled in over time or not.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(07-25-2016, 01:51 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I just got the updated pricing email, too.

If the update is for additional features, like the one Rich mentioned, I'm cool with it. I won't use it that much, and I already notice that it's pretty behind, but what's an extra $2 per month for something I might occasionally use.

If, however, the increase is so that I can access it online and on iOS, which I'm seeing a lot of little notes on the website for, then I'm not a happy camper. Not having an iPhone or a Mac of any kind, I'm not keen on paying any extra money for a service I can't utilize.
I have an android phone but I also have an ipad so we'll see if it works

(07-25-2016, 03:08 PM)djohn Wrote: The increase is for the inclusion of iOS app, which sucks as I have an Android device as well. However I am not sure if they also included the Market Data information. The Market Data is actually pretty interesting to see for some cards. I would love a little more transparency to it though, like providing a link to the ended auction or even just the auction number so I could look it up myself. The Market Data is definitely missing a lot right now, so I will be curious to see if it gets more filled in over time or not.
Makes sense that everyone has to pay Beckett to access an app on an operating system accessed by less than half of the market place. Seems about par for the course. Glad I can pitch in to help them offset the costs for something I'll never use.
Is this one of those situations where "we all do better when we all do better"?

Are those of us that chose the superior mobile operating system subsidizing mobile applications for people suckling at the teet of Steve Jobs' ghost?

Why not make it a package deal like they do with everything else? This + this = equals this. Whereas this + this + this = this. Only want this? Well, that costs this much.

Like I said, it's $2, but I'd like to know where it's going. Even if it's just a simple "that's what it costs now," I'm fine with that. But the more I think about it, the more the "that's what it costs now because we're giving you access to something you'll never use" model doesn't work for me.
Kepler

I downloaded the app on my ipad so i'm still trying to figure it out. I can see where it would be helpful if you are not near a computer. However I haven't figured out if I can access my org or make and check trades. So far all I can do is look up pricing. I plan to keep exploring the site.