`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gypsy Queen "Ancient Era Remnants" Card ID.. Cigarette Relic?

Gypsy Queen "Ancient Era Remnants" Card ID.. Cigarette Relic?
Need help Identifying this, it seems to be some type of Gypsy Queen Ancient Era Remnants "relic maybe?" there's no date on the card or frame... It does look to be, a authentic framed cigarette card. Just posting pictures of this one as I haven't seen anything like this one before and I dont know where to start in finding it... Thanks Again!

[Image: 1OJUIu9.jpg]

[Image: MpLg5Ag.jpg]

RE: Gypsy Queen "Ancient Era Remnants" Card ID.. Cigarette Relic?
It's called "A Model Army 1932".

This London-based non-sports company has the complete 30-card set for sale - roughly $50USD.
http://www.londoncigcard.co.uk/product.php?id=82

You can see your card among other images from this issue via Google Image Search. Enter "Model Army Mitchell 1932".

As with all Buybacks, the value isn't in the original card itself, which is often quite inexpensive. But by way of Set Collectors who "need" that buyback to finish their modern set.

Prices fluctuate, so monitoring similar cards over a period of time is the best way to gauge true value.

Thanks! Kinda new to the "buyback" term... So how were these distributed? I actually have a few topps football cards which in every aspect seem to be original to date only they have a foil stamp in the corner, i was going to ask in the football thread about them but you may be able to clarify if these are also buybacks, they are all stamped like this 1976 Topps Bob Kline in the photo below.

[Image: esi8Rx8.jpg]

[Image: VbzqsAA.jpg]

[Image: Ne3eTj7.jpg]

Cards with the Stamp like your card are "buybacks" or cards purchased by the card companies and then re-issued as part of new releases. Myself, I don't get it, but folks like collecting them mainly for PC as there are never checklists provided on what makes up the buyback subsets.

follow the great advice given by hawaiian
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(07-23-2016, 06:35 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Cards with the Stamp like your card are "buybacks" or cards purchased by the card companies and then re-issued as part of new releases. Myself, I don't get it, but folks like collecting them mainly for PC as there are never checklists provided on what makes up the buyback subsets.

follow the great advice given by hawaiian
The buybacks are crazy especially for player collectors like me...
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s