`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Show single cards that you have HOARDED!

Show single cards that you have HOARDED!
What single cards have you poured money into, invested in, or just collected for the heck of it!

Challenge - show and tell your hoard of a single card (and include total count) in any of these categories:

Common Base card

Rookie Card

Parallel

Insert

Serial numbered card

Memorabilia card

Autograph card

Then again if you hoard, can you even find the stuff?

Here's a couple:

No pic, but back in the early 90s, I bought 1,600 count card lots of Glenn Davis, Howard Johnson, Rickey Henderson and Bert Saberhagen (all 1990 Topps, I think). Still have them somewhere.

Here's 132 1997 Collector's Edge Excalibur Game Gear (Helmet) Autograph of Mark Brunell (No Serial # Variant)

[Image: IMG_0416_zps62l9pwmu.jpg]

With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

RE: Show single cards that you have HOARDED!
Whoooooa! You're running out of carpet!

At one point I had acquired 6 of 2011 Finest Marshawn Lync Red Refractors #/25. Then I realized I really didn't have a point to hoarding this particular card so I traded one away to a Seahawks fan on the board here and have all but one listed FT. I imagined other set or player collector's not having a chance to add to their collections which would be a shame. I'm hanging onto the one I pulled from a pack.

Here's 132 1997 Collector's Edge Excalibur Game Gear (Helmet) Autograph of Mark Brunell (No Serial # Variant)

[Image: IMG_0416_zps62l9pwmu.jpg]

Damn...

[Image: vince.jpg]

Phinz needs to see this thread lol. I don't have anything that I have a bunch of to share...but looking forward to seeing who has all my cards >Sad lol

That is an interesting hoarding example. You could build your own helmet.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Does this count?

750 1992 Wild Card Stat Smashers Thurman Thomas. I really like this card lol

BTW I have been hoarding 2012 Royale All Pros 50 inserts limited to 40, just not single players. Pretty much every one that comes up, I try to snatch them all

[Image: image_zpszifepg2d.jpeg]
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

Damn.... lol
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

Couple of pretty cool hoards!

I started to "hoard" (quotes because I only had four or five) Edgerrin's 2000 SPx WM ball/jsy/au /225, but ended up missing a couple in favor of 1999 needs which prompted me to shelve the idea. It always comes back to the 99s. Big Grin

[Image: 2000-SPx-Winning-Materials-Autographs_zps7bbq2q17.png]

I don't have a picture of them all, but about 10 years back, a local seller dumped his entire Rob Johnson inventory for $40 and I walked away with about 10,000 cards, including 650 of this rookie:

[Image: Rob-Johnson.jpg?id=f99806b2-8ef6-49c6-95...iggerthumb]
[Image: sp9m5j.jpg]