`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGS submission denied due to specified reason

BGS submission denied due to specified reason
I've been submitting cards to BGS for a while now and have (for the most part been reasonably satisfied). My most recent submission included an 2015-16 Upper Deck Vladimir Tarasenko UD Game Jersey card (Gj-VT, Vladimir Tarasenko 1B). It was returned ungraded due to "Evidence of Recoloring on Edges/Corners/Surfaces" the area indicated in the note from BGS is the upper left corner of the the front of the card. I've included pictures of the card in question and I've compared this area to cards on eBay (I know a dubious source) but cannot see any differences. I got this card from a pack but i'm more into collecting than selling cards so doctor-ing the card for a higher grade isn't in my best interest. However, I understand BGS' interest in only grading authentic cards - especially if they are putting their name on it.

Is this a common occurrence where BGS writes off a card as being doctored/altered in someway when the submitter claims they didn't honestly doctor the card? I'm more interested in is this a common occurence (and I've basically dodged this pitfall with the other 99 cards I've had graded through BGS) or was this card released by Upper Deck with some bizzare ink smudge that looks like I doctored the card?

Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: BGS submission denied due to specified reason
It happens. I've had a card come back as "shaved/trimmed edge" and I also pulled it from a pack. I would re-submit on your next submission.

RE: BGS submission denied due to specified reason
Part of the risk we take and human error is real.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram