`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 2016 Diamond Kings retail results

My 2016 Diamond Kings retail results
The past week was a little disappointing. I found / bought 4 blasters of Diamond Kings after scoring a great mini patch relic 5/5 hit of HOF 'er Gabby Hartnett the week prior.
[Image: 65D4749B-411B-4E5F-B4FE-99BADB1C29FB_zpstxn1szgp.jpg]
[Image: F9EA7229-AB9E-4373-85E5-2B59B7191150_zpsupfvkset.jpg]

Those boxes were real stinkers. Nothing even remotely worth posting. Even the insert sets that I want to complete ... From those 4 boxes every insert was a duplicate or triplicate of ones already in my collection. So really was ready to write off Diamond Kings for this year and move onto greener pastures.

But .... Was in WalMart yesterday and saw 2 lonely boxes of Diamond Kings sitting there ... Carefully inspected the boxes for evidence of tampering (almost bought a resealed 2016 Heritage from the same WalMart last week!!!) I decided to give DK one last chance of redemption. And it paid off. Glad I was a forgiving guy, because DK was more than kind.
[Image: 0E216208-C30A-4BE7-89D4-FC8140C21F62_zpsjbhffxxi.jpg]
[Image: 796D335A-E88C-49AA-BCC5-EE45BE65FD18_zpsg8o8sui0.jpg]

Another 5/5 relic ... this time of Moose! A player that sparks a cool memory of my first visit to the old, old Yankee Stadium with my Dad. It was my first time in The House that Ruth Built and my first Old Timers Day. When Moose was announced i was upset because I thought everyone was 'booing' him, but my Dad eased my mind when he explained they were saying 'Mooooooooose!' .... LOL. Anyway ... A Very Cool PC Card .... Thanks, DK.

PS: the other box had a not as cool, but a decent mini relic /99 of Kaleb Cowart

[Image: 57761617-23C1-41FE-872C-C615E00C078D_zpsvsomghc5.jpg]

Thanks for looking. Smile

[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: My 2016 Diamond Kings retail results
Man, Doc, you're killin' it the Diamond Kings this year. I think I'm 2 blasters in and the best I was able to get was a Refsnyder auto in the first one. The best card in the second one was a Schwarber base RC, so I'm done with it.

But it's good to see where all the luck with this product is at!
Kepler

Nice Moose, Doc! I have a question about this year's DK, though. Is the Framed Red a skip-numbered set? The reason I ask is that I have yet to see a Framed Red Lucroy anywhere which is a bit unusual since I have seen a few dozen Framed Blue/99 and 2 of the Framed Green/5. Any insight you have gained from your retail DK experiences would be very welcomed.
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(06-23-2016, 10:08 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Man, Doc, you're killin' it the Diamond Kings this year. I think I'm 2 blasters in and the best I was able to get was a Refsnyder auto in the first one. The best card in the second one was a Schwarber base RC, so I'm done with it.

But it's good to see where all the luck with this product is at!
I guess I ended up averaging getting a good hit 1:3 boxes. Better odds than any Topps product. Although, if I were a smarter guy, I'd have stopped after my first 3 boxes, when I was 3 for 3 ... I spent waaaay too much on DK, although my last 2 hits were kinda worth it to me.
(06-23-2016, 12:31 PM)aprirr Wrote: Nice Moose, Doc! I have a question about this year's DK, though. Is the Framed Red a skip-numbered set? The reason I ask is that I have yet to see a Framed Red Lucroy anywhere which is a bit unusual since I have seen a few dozen Framed Blue/99 and 2 of the Framed Green/5. Any insight you have gained from your retail DK experiences would be very welcomed.
Thanks, Aaron!
Every single blaster had a red /99 framed card. I didn't notice if there was a pattern to the frame/card number. When I get home I'll look and see if in the small sample there's a odd/even skip pattern.
I don't Remember pulling a framed Lucroy, if so, you'd probably have it by now. Smile
I did find a small stack of DK in an envelope with your name on it. I guess I forgot to send it ... Sorry. If you still need them, I'll send them with any extra Lucroy cards, I've picked up since.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Really good looking cards!

Doc, LOVELY Moose, and being 5/5 makes it even better. Why do you always have to make me jealous of your Yankee pulls. The best I did out of 2 boxes was a Bob Muesel Artist's Proof. Congrats on the great pull.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

(06-24-2016, 09:04 PM)buckles2335 Wrote: Really good looking cards!
Thanks!
Not sure if you've seen them but they're quite thick and the holder is sorta like the mini holder from Gypsy Queen. Panini did a good job on these!
(06-24-2016, 11:30 PM)bamyanks Wrote: Doc, LOVELY Moose, and being 5/5 makes it even better. Why do you always have to make me jealous of your Yankee pulls. The best I did out of 2 boxes was a Bob Muesel Artist's Proof. Congrats on the great pull.
Thanks! I was quite pleased getting a PC hit. Saves a lot of time and effort getting Yankee hits instead of others Smile
I bought way too many boxes, but kept getting decent hits. Moose being the best of them all, so I'll quit DK now and move along to other cards.

Great Gabby!
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.