`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first eBay problem (update)

RE: My first eBay problem
Yes this has happened to me before. So I sent a care package to him and he was happy with it. Then the next day (delivery conformation said the original card arrived that I shipped) They buyer also contacted me to let me know. I told him to keep both packages he now has me down for one of his favorite sellers.

This also happened here once with a contest I gave. We waited a month and the T206 did not arrive so I sent another. a couple of day the original card showed up. The winner let me know and I ask him to shose one and send the other back please. He did and I asked what he wanted for shipping? he was so thrilled that he said nothing 2.45 cents was well worth the T206 win and I did everything within my ability to make it correct.

Good luck with your issue.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

I would have waited a bit longer. Can sometimes take 2 weeks to be returned to sender if sent to wrong address. But tracking should have still shown that usually. If he did miss a number on the address it would still be his fault no matter what he says.

one time for me i purchased a card. it was in the 25.00 range. i waited 2 months and it still didnt arrive. i contacted the seller and he refunded me the money no questioned asked. well 4 months after that it was delivered. i contacted the seller again and he said dont worry about it keep it as a free card. because he did that i purchased 50.00 more off his store and continue to buy from him when im looking for something i cant find cheaper on COMC.
http://cardboardcollecting.ca/

"There’s no place for the state in the bedrooms of the nation" - Pierre Trudeau

Trading and Buying 1952 Bowman baseball, contact me if you have some to trade/sell.

This sucks man, fortunately it has never happened to me before otherwise i would be in trouble since im not in the US so no PO i can go to if a problem occurs.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Either way, Doc, he shouldn't tell you to choke on it.

He either effed up the address or the PO lost it, so it's not your fault.

If you buy or sell on eBay long enough, you will run into this.

The only thing maybe you could have done differently was give him a heads up that you would be filing the claim, just to protect yourself as you mentioned.

Then offer that if the card does show up, you'll send him the PayPal directly as a gift so nobody has to pay fees.

I've done that a couple of times and they're usually OK with it.

(06-23-2016, 12:21 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Either way, Doc, he shouldn't tell you to choke on it.
He either effed up the address or the PO lost it, so it's not your fault.
If you buy or sell on eBay long enough, you will run into this.
The only thing maybe you could have done differently was give him a heads up that you would be filing the claim, just to protect yourself as you mentioned.
Then offer that if the card does show up, you'll send him the PayPal directly as a gift so nobody has to pay fees.
I've done that a couple of times and they're usually OK with it.
Hey RJ and the group,
An update:
I was following the tracking for the missing card and it was eventually returned to the seller, and he confirmed he addressed it incorrectly. Not any sort of apology for his 'choke on it' reply, or his poor attitude (IMO). On top of that, after I informed him that he was getting it back and I was still interested in it, he threw the card back up on eBay and sold it to another person!!! I can live without the card, but it would have been nice to have received an offer before putting it back up, especially since it wasn't my fault for the whole botched exchange in the first place.
Oh well! Live and learn.

BTW: For some reason, I kinda think that the seller is actually a member of this forum. I believe a card from a box that he 'broke' here is up on eBay as we speak.
Maybe not, maybe so. Either way, I got my money, he got his card, no harm no foul.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(07-18-2016, 12:09 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Hey RJ and the group,
An update:
I was following the tracking for the missing card and it was eventually returned to the seller, and he confirmed he addressed it incorrectly. Not any sort of apology for his 'choke on it' reply, or his poor attitude (IMO). On top of that, after I informed him that he was getting it back and I was still interested in it, he threw the card back up on eBay and sold it to another person!!! I can live without the card, but it would have been nice to have received an offer before putting it back up, especially since it wasn't my fault for the whole botched exchange in the first place.
Oh well! Live and learn.

BTW: For some reason, I kinda think that the seller is actually a member of this forum. I believe a card from a box that he 'broke' here is up on eBay as we speak.
Maybe not, maybe so. Either way, I got my money, he got his card, no harm no foul.
His general dooshiness will come back to cloud up and rain on him someday, guaranteed.

Very sad when the prospect of making a few dollars makes people feel it's OK to tell others to "choke on it" and screw them over.

(07-19-2016, 01:56 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: His general dooshiness will come back to cloud up and rain on him someday, guaranteed.
Very sad when the prospect of making a few dollars makes people feel it's OK to tell others to "choke on it" and screw them over.
Live and learn, I guess. I'll never purposely deal with him again. Neither of us were screwed over when all was said and done, but dealing politely with people has become a rarity.

Anyway, thanks for letting me gripe in public, y'all! Smile
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: My first eBay problem (update)
You could tell the other members his ebay name so others' can avoid him.

RE: My first eBay problem (update)
(07-21-2016, 02:45 PM)altz11 Wrote: You could tell the other members his ebay name so others' can avoid him.
Nah, because his/her identity is not 100% confirmed, just suspected and essentially, he/she didn't do anything wrong, except careless addressing and being rude when he (or she) thought that I was doing something underhanded. My money was refunded immediately ... Although begrudgingly Smile