`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Which 2016 set should I build?

Which 2016 set should I build?
For the last several years I've built three topps sets a year. Regular topps , platinum and chrome. Now 60 years of topps is gone! I really liked chrome and platinum because they were small sets with lots of inserts and parallels. I'm trying to decide which one or 2 sets would be most like platinum and chrome to build. Any suggestions?
Photobucket

RE: Which 2016 set should I build?
Prizm might be the closest example to Chrome out there. I've always been curious about a pure "base" Panini product like Topps regular issue and if I had to pick, I'd say Score is the closest in terms of checklist size and variety of inserts. Platinum I couldn't say.

I build Score sets every year and this is the first year I can remember that they didn't put which team drafted the RCs. LOTS of cheap inserts, but the occasional auto or limited serial numbered cards too. They also include RCs of players that were undrafted and have played a year or two like Brent Grimes and Eric Weems RCs were just regular cards with the Falcons.
**Looking for certified autos of these 86 Mets: Ojeda, Aguilera, Elster, K. Mitchell, Heep, Sisk, Leach, Niemann, Hearn, Myers, Sid Fernandez and Davey Johnson MGR **  https://www.flickr.com/photos/164322911@N05/albums

(06-13-2016, 02:56 AM)collectorsnet Wrote: I build Score sets every year and this is the first year I can remember that they didn't put which team drafted the RCs. LOTS of cheap inserts, but the occasional auto or limited serial numbered cards too. They also include RCs of players that were undrafted and have played a year or two like Brent Grimes and Eric Weems RCs were just regular cards with the Falcons.
Started a Score set.
Photobucket

In all seriousness, pick the one with the prettiest pictures. These are for you. You should like looking at them.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Doing a 2016 contenders for rookie coverage then I'll do one of the late releases for nfl logo players
I collect all Willy nilly with no major rhyme or reason.
I have fun with my hobby, that is what I collect for my PC.....FUN nothing more nothing less.Tongue

Prizm is very similar to Chrome and is an easy and fun set to put together. I usually open a couple boxes and then start trading to finish off the rest, as there are a ton of rookies each year in Prizm and they only come 1 per pack.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/