Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick question -- HOF auto or mediocre SUPER

Quick question -- HOF auto or mediocre SUPER
What would you rather have

A Superfractor of a semi star like Heyward, Kipnis, Wright, etc.. (The player doesn't play for the original team of the super) also you could have the complete rainbow

Or

A HOF auto /40 of players like Koufax, Bench, etc...

RE: Quick question -- HOF auto or mediocre SUPER
HOF auto

(06-01-2016, 09:08 PM)buckles2335 Wrote: HOF auto
ALL DAY EVERY DAY

(06-01-2016, 10:44 PM)wordsense Wrote: ALL DAY EVERY DAY
+3
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

I'm with these guys ^^^. Not even close in my book.

In most cases, depending on players involved, I'd go HOF 95% of the time.
I'd go for the superfractor to complete a rainbow instead if the HOF'er was Alomar, Blyleven, Molitor, Biggio, Thomas ... There are others ... Nothing against them (much love & respect to any HOF player) but a 1/1 superfractor to complete a rainbow means that obviously you care about that player in the rainbow (and without the superfractor you can NEVER complete that rainbow), and a /40 auto of the more recent and currently alive HOF'er ain't all that rare. IF Koufax or Mays ... Grab it and forget the superfractor. Smile
I guess for myself, it's all too situational.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

HOF auto - no question
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

HOF auto is an easy choice. I am not that into superfractors. However if the superfractor was a rookie year Jedd Gyorko, then I would take it only because I am trying to get all of his rookie year cards and the supers don't come along very often.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(06-02-2016, 07:28 AM)djohn Wrote: ... and the supers don't come along very often.
This is why I would say go for the Superfractor (unless it's a steal or one-of-a-kind HOF auto). Completing a rainbow is difficult, and there are (for most) many autos for HOFers.

Obviously, the above goes out the window if you're talking a mega-super-awesome HOFer who has few autos.

Cheers,

(06-02-2016, 08:24 AM)KPRROK Wrote: This is why I would say go for the Superfractor (unless it's a steal or one-of-a-kind HOF auto). Completing a rainbow is difficult, and there are (for most) many autos for HOFers.

Obviously, the above goes out the window if you're talking a mega-super-awesome HOFer who has few autos.

Cheers,
It definitely depends on the players involved. As I would take a Babe Ruth autograph over a superfractor of just about any player (aside from a Mike Trout rookie year super, or other one that I could sell and buy more than just a Ruth auto). However if the HOF auto is Bob Feller, or someone else who signed a bazillion autos (making their auto easy to come by and cheap), then I would probably take the superfractor. Since the original question was about a superfractor of a semistar vs an auto of someone like Koufax, I would stick with the HOF auto unless it's a rookie year superfractor.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/