`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do this if no one can read it?

Why do this if no one can read it?
What is the purpose of this spamming? It is certainly not to convey a message.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

RE: Why do this if no one can read it?
Because it's free. If one person opens those messages, sees the website address - which can be read because they're not in Korean like everything else - and goes to it to see what it is, is free eyes on their site.

If they have any advertisements from outside parties on the site, that's a notch in their ad revenue budget.

It's essentially the same as promoting your business' website through Facebook or Twitter. It's a free platform, so even if 1 out of 100 people look, it's free publicity. That's why they do it.
Kepler

(05-30-2016, 01:23 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Because it's free. If one person opens those messages, sees the website address - which can be read because they're not in Korean like everything else - and goes to it to see what it is, is free eyes on their site.

If they have any advertisements from outside parties on the site, that's a notch in their ad revenue budget.

It's essentially the same as promoting your business' website through Facebook or Twitter. It's a free platform, so even if 1 out of 100 people look, it's free publicity. That's why they do it.
I get all this and agree with you as to why they do it. What I don't understand is why multiple posts regarding the same subject on the same day? Why not just one post and be done? Why 10 - 15 posts all with what appears to be the same subject line?
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(05-30-2016, 01:49 PM)zeprock Wrote: I get all this and agree with you as to why they do it. What I don't understand is why multiple posts regarding the same subject on the same day? Why not just one post and be done? Why 10 - 15 posts all with what appears to be the same subject line?
Because they know that Beckett - and virtually every other message board - has moderators whose "job" it is to take them down. So, they put out as many as possible in hopes that by flooding the board one of the posts will be up long enough to get some eyes on it.

Some boards have mods on 24 hours a day, so it's harder to get things like this through. I'm sure they operate on a "one size fits all" mode and that's why this board gets spammed like one that has heavier traffic and full-time mod presence.
Kepler

Some forums won't allow free email accounts like Gmail and yahoo to prevent spammers like this. Could be a cure for it.
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling

I used to run admin on a php based board and it had a ip banning function. We just started putting the entire subnet of people like this in. Cut it back real fast.
Is this thing on?

And to be fair, it's not that no one can read it. It's just that not many can. I can read all of their posts, but I choose not to and move on to other posts.