`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broke 2 cello packs of 82 and 83 Topps

Broke 2 cello packs of 82 and 83 Topps
Building up my vintage collection, have 3 1980 cello packs, 3 1982 cello packs, 2 84 donruss rack packs, and 2 81 cellos coming Tuesday.Heres my hit from this break

[Image: 20160526_213126_zpslbrgsrie.jpg]

RE: Broke 2 cello packs of 82 and 83 Topps
Doesn't get any better than that. Nice pull.

Great Hit from back then! Congrats!

Thanks guys!! Hoping for a Henderson, and donruss Mattingly next week.

Nice..........
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Very cool! I've myself picked up wax packs/cellos/rack packs, etc. from the early 80's and cracked a few every so often. Memories!

Thanks again! Just went and ordered more. So along with my incoming Tuesday order, Friday will bring 4 1986 donruss rack packs, 12 1989 ud low # packs, and 7 high # packs.

Nice break. Hard to beat a Gwynn rookie.

Nice hit on the Gwynn. Hopefully you get some more nice hits in the rest. I love picking up early 80s packs when I can find them cheap and from a reliable source. My problem is that I like to keep them sealed instead of opening them. Though I have slowly been opening a box of 1989 Fleer that I picked up for $5 a few weeks ago. The first pack I got the Griffey RC, and then a few days later I opened up a half dozen more packs and got the original Ripken FF card. It's fun to open up the packs slowly and reminisce about each card, as opposed to most modern breaks which get rushed through looking for the hits and then either sorted out for trade/sale or put away to eventually put together a set.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/