`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2014 Panini Jarvis Landry RPS RC Redemption

2014 Panini Jarvis Landry RPS RC Redemption
It's been a long time since I've come to this board thanks to being overworked, but I felt it necessary to get some advice. While I'm a supercollector from '90-'00 era, I'm a complete noob with anything after that... especially redemption cards. I'll save my tirade about how un American they are to begin with for another time because I need opinions from folks who have experience with this whole ordeal.
Normally I wouldn't purchase anything "new", but my love for Jarvis runs deep. I picked what I felt would be his best reasonably priced RC and purchased it... well, I purchased a bill of sale that says I'm owed one anyway. The card in question is a 2014 Panini RPS RC. It has been exactly one year and it's still "pending." Panini says they will let me know when they arrive.
My question is this: Is this normal? Has anyone ever had a request sit for a year or more and then one day actually get the card? If it's not unheard of I will wait until the end of time, but I just don't want to wait a year or two only to end up with something I could have had, sold and moved on. All help is appreciated, thanks Smile
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

RE: 2014 Panini Jarvis Landry RPS RC Redemption
1 year isn't all that bad, I just got replacements on cards that were 4 years old. I had to contact them to do so.

I've heard some people wait a real long time, if it's a card they really want. The problem with "replacing" it is they replace it at whatever the value is today, not at what you bought it for. They seem to have a 50/50 record with replacing a super nice card with some low numbered card of junk players. Others have gotten some nice replacement stuff. It seems pretty hit and miss. I guess it depends on how much you think you'll like that card lol. Good luck!

Good luck they are an absolute JOKE. Who knows if you'll ever get it. My advice is to NEVER buy a Panini redemption and if you pull one, sell it.
Michael Vick Super Collector. Also currently focusing on baseball again with main attention to Yankees stuff. Also Correa, Mookie Betts & whatever else catches my eye! Hundreds of positive trades on many sites over the years!

(05-19-2016, 02:06 PM)Vicktory717 Wrote: Good luck they are an absolute JOKE. Who knows if you'll ever get it. My advice is to NEVER buy a Panini redemption and if you pull one, sell it.
I disagree. I just had some cards replaced and came out ahead. Got some decent cards for cards I didn't really care if they made or not.

since other Landry autos are live, it does seem like he is signing for Panini

Since that should be an on card auto sometimes those take longer to get signed since the player has to get the cards and then sign them - so its probably worth waiting some more for it

(05-19-2016, 02:06 PM)Vicktory717 Wrote: Good luck they are an absolute JOKE. Who knows if you'll ever get it. My advice is to NEVER buy a Panini redemption and if you pull one, sell it.
Agree 100%. Panini's redemption process is a joke. I have 9 pending for over a year. I've tried calling dozens of time - on hold forever then it goes to voice mail, which they never reply to. Same with email - dont bother - they totally ignore you. worst...company...ever....

NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

(05-15-2016, 10:06 AM)no1dolphan Wrote: It's been a long time since I've come to this board thanks to being overworked, but I felt it necessary to get some advice. While I'm a supercollector from '90-'00 era, I'm a complete noob with anything after that... especially redemption cards. I'll save my tirade about how un American they are to begin with for another time because I need opinions from folks who have experience with this whole ordeal.
Normally I wouldn't purchase anything "new", but my love for Jarvis runs deep. I picked what I felt would be his best reasonably priced RC and purchased it... well, I purchased a bill of sale that says I'm owed one anyway. The card in question is a 2014 Panini RPS RC. It has been exactly one year and it's still "pending." Panini says they will let me know when they arrive.
My question is this: Is this normal? Has anyone ever had a request sit for a year or more and then one day actually get the card? If it's not unheard of I will wait until the end of time, but I just don't want to wait a year or two only to end up with something I could have had, sold and moved on. All help is appreciated, thanks Smile
If you are a player or team collector (I am a Jets collector), who buys singles / teamsets if possible, redemptions are a dilemma, it's a chance to possibly get that card.
Since 2012, I have had about 50% of my cards redeemed, when I bought them in 2012, I was then on about a 80% success rate.

I am waiting on
2012 Stephen Hill, 6 products, 15 different cards including his Absolute RPS, Contenders + variation etc

Dee Milliner 3 products, 5 different cards
Sheldon Richardson 1 product, 2 different cards
Geno Smith 1 product, 2 different cards

The tough part is sets like Contenders are near the end of the collecting year, but highly desirable for collectors.
No one knows if Panini has the stickers, or they are about to get them, or the player will sign in the next 4-24 months or worst of all, never. So redemption cards are inserted into packs. The player signed stickers earlier in the collecting year so the assumption for the collector is he will sign additional ones and Panini will get them.
It appears there are players who need to sign additional stickers (500+ are needed, Stephen Hill) to complete the process.

In my example Geno Smith had 2013 Contenders base and base variation (alternate picture), and 5 inserts all as redemptions.
As of today, the base and variation, and 3 of his 5 inserts have been redeemed, one insert is with Aaron Dobson (Pats) who signed his Contenders. It makes no sense.

A general conclusion, at this stage Panini does not seem to care about these 'old' cards, as they are always moving on to hype the new sets. The weekly redemption lists they publish list cards I got 3-4 years ago but someone sent in a recent redemption and Panini proudly promotes it.

Will 2013 Sheldon Richardson sign?, he signed Press Pass and Sage, then it appears he became a player not wanting to sign. Panini did not include him in Contenders, however they put in 2013 Select prior to that, I assumed they had stickers so bought the base and prizm parallel redemptions, he has not signed yet. My guess, he never will, he was the NFL defensive player of the year, with no Contenders auto, frustrating.

Will 2013 Dee Milliner or 2012 Stephen Hill cards be redeemed?, Milliner is hanging on as the 4th at best CB on the Jets, Hill got waived, went to the Panthers and got injured. Both players may be out of the league for the 2016 season. They might want the money for signing the stickers, but until then, who cares more to get these done ?, the player or Panini, it's hard to tell.

As a team collector, I don't want replacements, I have no use for a Detroit Lion or Houston Texan card (no disrespect to those teams) as an example, that on ebay might get me $2 each for a lower level player who's been on the market for 2-3 years. I am waiting for what Playoff did back in the day, for Panini to release the card, stamped NO AUTOGRAPH. See DeWayne Robertson 2003 Contenders. At least a NO AUTOGRAPH Jets card sets in my collection better than a non Jets auto I don't want.

This NO AUTOGRAPH nonsense has gone on since 1999 / 2000 time, the dilemma of redemptions, will they be redeemed for the card you expect to get. To answer your question, yes, it has been normal for many years to wait a year, and sometimes to be lucky and get your card.

Thanks for all the help, it seems to be exactly as I expected... a crap shoot. Might as well wait as the upside for me is worth it. I'm just glad this didn't cost a ton; I can't imagine how anyone could drop serious money on one of these things.
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --