`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying & Trading For Chrome/Finest Cards Is Getting Ridiculous.

Buying & Trading For Chrome/Finest Cards Is Getting Ridiculous.
I am getting bored of buying and trading for Chrome & Finest cards. Half of them or more are full of surface scratches and scuffs, fingerprints, snot mis-fires, and whatever other kind of greasy nonsense. Literally no one discloses any of these flaws. Ever. Since it is basically the only way to hurt these type of cards (besides centering) it renders them completely worthless to me. SICK OF IT.

I am just going to have to buy my Chrome/Finest graded from now on. It's the only way to make a confident purchase at this point. Anyone else feel the same way?

RE: Buying & Trading For Chrome/Finest Cards Is Getting Ridiculous.
I've had really good luck trading for it here tbh. I just ask everyone to double check conditions, surfaces in particular. Buying off Ebay can be suspect. I find a lot of show dealers try to pass off bad chrome without letting you know of any issues.

Oh, yeah. I've gotten some seemingly worthless/damaged chrome through the mail over the years. I like buying the boxes and carefully handling the cards myself.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(05-12-2016, 02:44 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: I've had really good luck trading for it here tbh. I just ask everyone to double check conditions, surfaces in particular. Buying off Ebay can be suspect. I find a lot of show dealers try to pass off bad chrome without letting you know of any issues.
For the most part I have had good luck here. There have been a few though where the key card in the deal was heavily scratched/scuffed. I have to agree with you, I have better results when I ask first and seem to regret it when I don't.

I totally understand we all make mistakes when trading though, I've especially seen people run into trouble when re-trading trade bait. The cards are left in the holders they arrived in and the re-trader doesn't check it first since the intention all along was to re-trade it after all. I just had a nm/mint+ card that was very safely packaged arrive to a fellow trader and he says it has a dinged corner. I know for a fact it didn't, but something happened along the way evidently. Possibly going to get me negative feedback at this point. Different scenario, but stuff happens in trades to us all I guess, and sometimes it isn't even your fault.

BUT selling, on the other hand.... No excuses. You know exactly what you are listing for sale. Some shady sellers try to make a quick buck on a beat up card of a Hot player. I don't know. It just seems like every time I try to get ahead of the game on a prospect or an emerging star's auto, I have to buy a second auto of that player to make up for the crappy one I received the first time.
(05-12-2016, 02:46 PM)jonathani Wrote: Oh, yeah. I've gotten some seemingly worthless/damaged chrome through the mail over the years. I like buying the boxes and carefully handling the cards myself.

I agree 100%, it's the only way to be sure! Unfortunately I rarely pull the player I'm hoping for that way. Maybe the boxes/packs should come with a disclaimer: Please Handle With Care - Surface Scratches VERY Easily...
Or, ***ATTENTION!!!*** ***NO SHUFFLING!!!***

On a side note, this is not in any way a call-out thread in regards to any member on Beckett.

Potential traders please check my org. I have TONS of chrome stuff, all NrMt-Mt condition. Goes straight from the pack into a top loader.

Unlike many others here, I TAKE CARE OF MY CARDS!!!!

Please check my org if you're looking for chrome or anything else. I have a lot of gu and auto cards too.