`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about Killebrew RC condition

RE: Question about Killebrew RC condition
Bamyanks: it isn't my card. It is a card I am thinking about trading for and I am asking for advice. Not sure I will have it graded if I do trade for it even
Always looking for new and old Twins cards I don't have

(05-05-2016, 07:39 PM)bamyanks Wrote: I took a look at both pictures, twice even. I'm not sure about the Excellent. I've had some vintage come back Excellent, and I'm not bragging or anything here, but the ones that came back look a lot better. I noticed rounded corners, on the back photo the lower left corner is starting to separate and it looks like it's been diamond cut. And both sides are very off center, but the diamond cut could have something to do with it. I know every grader looks at cards differently, to me centering is more important than corners that are looked at with a 8 power loupe. On this card, the corners are very obvious with the damage. I'm not trying to cut down you card, I'm just looking at the way I look at mine when I'm sending some in to be graded. I think at best a Very Good. I'm curious to see the grade when you get it back, for my own learning about grading.
After another couple looks, he might be right on the Excellent grade. Maybe check out the 'Bay and take a look at some of the graded '55 Topps cards? Usually you can zoom in pretty well on those pics, might help you narrow it down and get a better grasp on an accurate grade.

The first thing I notice is that it is way off-center.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Well if I were 61 years old I hope I look that good. Smile
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(05-06-2016, 09:27 PM)waynetalger Wrote: Well if I were 61 years old I hope I look that good. Smile
LOL
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.