`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: What to do with the 90s commons.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Throw them away
0%
0 0%
Bury them in unmarked grave in the yard.
12.50%
1 12.50%
Donate to some agency that doesn't want them.
37.50%
3 37.50%
Keep listing them on craistlist/ebay until you forget you have them and your wife leaves you for keeping that "crap" in the house.
50.00%
4 50.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
1990s Cards, What to do?

1990s Cards, What to do?
For collectors, were the 90s just a bust. Sets of action packed, or my collection of Barrys on ebay get no bids for $1 (mostly because of the cost of postage). Too sentimental to just throw them away. What should a collector with limited storage space do?

RE: 1990s Cards, What to do?
I WOULD SUGGEST PUTTING THEM FOR TRADE HERE ON BECKETT. I COLLECT ALL COWBOYS & MICHIGAN WOLVERINE PLAYERS IN THEIR COLLEGE COLORS!
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).

(04-27-2016, 09:08 PM)dbrunkow Wrote: For collectors, were the 90s just a bust. Sets of action packed, or my collection of Barrys on ebay get no bids for $1 (mostly because of the cost of postage). Too sentimental to just throw them away. What should a collector with limited storage space do?
Since you most likely won't get anything worth mentioning as far as any possible trades I'd just give them away. Now as far as 1990's rookies concerned only Peyton Manning, Drew Bledsoe, Jerome Bettis, Emmitt Smith, Edgerin James, Terrell Davis, Ricky Williams & Curtis Martin card have any decent book value depending on the card manufacturer.

If you have some insert cards that might help somebody complete a set,
I suppose you could post them for trade or whatever here.

If they are only base set cards that basically have no real re-sale value anyway,
then you may have to just bite the bullet and throw them out.

You could also try to dump them.. er.. donate them to a nearby card shop.
Then at least you'll feel like maybe they will find a home someday.

Find someone that you work with or a neighbor with a young kid that likes sports. Donate the cards to them. Then wait for their parents to tell you that they laid every card all over the living room floor organizing them. Get another kid into the hobby.
[]

I enjoyed collecting 90s cards and I still try to put together sets on the cheap from that era.

Had a lot of that myself. Back when I had a mortgage payment, I would fill a few of 5000 count boxes each year and donate them to area children's hospitals. I held on to the major stars for my own collection, but the rest went. With a mortgage payment, you most likely itemize so you can claim the donation. Back then commons were 5-10 cents, but it can add up. There is a donation limit before you have to show what you are donating (or something like that, don't remember). I still try to unload a 5000 count box each year to make space (just don't get anything for it now). Since I have been doing that, I have probably cleared out at least 150,000 cards.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

Maybe check out COMC.com for some of the star players? Donate the rest... Salvation Army, what have you. When I had a similar issue, I picked up a pack of team bags, counted out stacks of 10 cards, then slipped 'em in and sealed 'em. They can be given out as "packs" that way.