`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Something needs to change here...duplicate set in database

Something needs to change here...duplicate set in database
1996-97 Stadium Club Gallery Player's Private Issue (only 18 listed)
http://www.beckett.com/search/?term=1996...start=1996

1995-96 Topps Gallery Player's Private Issue (144 cards)
http://www.beckett.com/search/?term=1995...start=1995

photos are the same, checklist is the same...

Also, who is it that I now submit new checklists to for the basketball database?? I'm going through all my Utah Jazz stuff right now and finding all sorts of missing "local" issued sets!
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

RE: Something needs to change here...duplicate set in database
with the Gallery player's club, even though the first 18 were technically released with 196-97 stadium club (due to printing stuff ups the previous year), they have been classified as part of the original gallery set. That may be why the database has the two listings.

As to the missing local issues ... my guess is this - if it's not sold on the secondary/Brick and mortar market, beckett won't have a listing for it. I've found this with a number of 1991 star co. Patrick Ewing Cards available on e-bay and amazon that aren't listed on beckett.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(04-27-2016, 06:53 PM)taffster74 Wrote: with the Gallery player's club, even though the first 18 were technically released with 196-97 stadium club (due to printing stuff ups the previous year), they have been classified as part of the original gallery set. That may be why the database has the two listings.
As to the missing local issues ... my guess is this - if it's not sold on the secondary/Brick and mortar market, beckett won't have a listing for it. I've found this with a number of 1991 star co. Patrick Ewing Cards available on e-bay and amazon that aren't listed on beckett.
Ah...well that explains it!
As for the missing cards...that's the point...who do we contact to get them added. I had many sets added/corrected years ago, and have worked with Taft in the past in getting some checklists together. Star Co. would be good to get an update on as well for all of us player collectors. Still some Panini Basketball, UD, Topps sets that haven't been in the database yet either!!

Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs

No idea. I only found out about the star co. cards via perusals on ebay/amazon. There's also been some 1995 draft set promo's for kevin garnett pop-up - that beckett hasn't listed. Also found some listings for something called diamond collection - it's cards from other companies with a diamond foil stamp. My guess is they're from some convention or something. THey're all one of ones - well, listed as so - but you know e-bay one of ones....

A good chunk of the 2014-15 Select set is duplicated as well with two different listings for some of the parallels.
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

(04-28-2016, 05:47 PM)taffster74 Wrote: No idea. I only found out about the star co. cards via perusals on ebay/amazon. There's also been some 1995 draft set promo's for kevin garnett pop-up - that beckett hasn't listed. Also found some listings for something called diamond collection - it's cards from other companies with a diamond foil stamp. My guess is they're from some convention or something. THey're all one of ones - well, listed as so - but you know e-bay one of ones....
I definitely wouldn't even want to try to list the "convention stamped" 1/1's, or any of the 'new' Broder issued 1/1's and basement printings. Star Co. sets would be fun to get all the player collectors together and see just what everyone has. I know I have a bunch of Malone/Stockton that aren't listed either. Regional local promo sets, stadium give-a-ways, and retail only sets. Also, there still is a bit of tweaking that needs to happen for the Int'l UD/UDCC for those sets to be accurate. And I think we finally have a good handle and checklists for all of the late 80s Spanish Sticker sets of NBA players, as well as a few other countries that produced stickers and cards of NBA players/sets throughout the 80s-90s.

Are they listing 1994-95 Collector's Choice International Australasian?

(04-29-2016, 06:21 PM)taffster74 Wrote: Are they listing 1994-95 Collector's Choice International Australasian?
1994-95 UDCC International Australian Coke...(1-31)

is that the set you're talking about?

I can't find the 2007-2008 Exquisite Dual Enshrinements Walt Frazier/ Phil Jackson in the pop report even though they have graded it for me. Any suggestions?
[Image: ewing_zps7sp6k1o0.png]

(04-29-2016, 06:51 PM)odditycards Wrote: 1994-95 UDCC International Australian Coke...(1-31)

is that the set you're talking about?

Nope. It's an australasian version of the full collector's choice international set. I do have a jalen rose BP Gold signature from it that i picked up in a trade - the trader didn't even know it was the international version.