`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diamond King Blasters at Target!?!? Happy Yankee fan! (Updated 5/3) The King & I

RE: Diamond King Blasters at Target!?!? Happy Yankee fan!
DrMitch, can you bless my posts or something for me. I think I've only pulled 1 good Yankee card out of blasters. I need help!!!
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

I hit up the target after seeing your post. Got one box of DK and pulled this.
 photo image_zpsjymxfznl.jpeg

(04-29-2016, 07:47 PM)chrisjoy Wrote: I just bought my first Blaster box of this, I pulled a red frame of Don Hoak and a Dual Jersey auto of Wei-Chieh Huang 67/199. Every product I have got has had an auto in the first box or hanger including My Derek Jeter Buyback auto in Donruss and a Mascot of Wally the green monster in a Blaster of Opening day.
I have a theory ... I call it 'The first wave theory'.
Retail blasters are front end 'loaded' on the first wave to hit the retail stores and they taper off upon restocking. Good initial hits, starts a buzz, good for sales. I could be wrong, but I'm thinking it could be true ... based on my few years of experience, that's what I've been seeing.
(04-29-2016, 09:18 PM)bamyanks Wrote: DrMitch, can you bless my posts or something for me. I think I've only pulled 1 good Yankee card out of blasters. I need help!!!
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of Yankee cards in abundance! Smile

(04-30-2016, 07:22 PM)buckles2335 Wrote: I hit up the target after seeing your post. Got one box of DK and pulled this.
 photo image_zpsjymxfznl.jpeg
Beautiful card! Congrats!

(Please check my Trade Folder If interested in trading!) ( never mind ... I really just pulled one! Unreal!)
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Diamond King Blasters at Target!?!? Happy Yankee fan! (Update: long live the King!)
Went out today and found 3 more DK blasters (& 2 Bowman) at Target.
Did pretty darn good ... Again nothing spectacular (ie Trout, Harper, Correa etc, etc & no Yankees Sad ) but really good and when combined with my Bowman hanger & 3 pack hanger ... Let's just say that Streaky must have been nearby. Smile
5 for 5 today. ... And also, some weird odds of the same player autos ... Check it out
2 Ryan Williams (Bowman purple is /250)
[Image: E2CB47D0-89A2-4676-BFE9-7694C9256F23_zpswtutvjxg.jpg]
2 Joc Pederson (one is /99 the other is /199)
Huang /99
[Image: F978CAEE-0CE7-47F4-945C-576C2E0B9DF0_zpsiuqw4lhv.jpg]
And some variants (3 on the right side)
[Image: 6885795D-6A4C-4DD0-99E6-A70E377BC529_zpsgijkheng.jpg]

So yeah, kinda wierd getting double autos. What do you think? Collation issues? Dumb luck?
And any comments about Joc's autograph ... Did 2 different Pedersons sign those cards? The one on the right looks 'normal' and like my other Pederson auto. BUT .....The left one??????
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Diamond King Blasters at Target!?!? Happy Yankee fan! (Update: long live the King!)
Nice hit Doc Smile
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

Those are some sweet Jocs!! I would love one of those.

RE: Diamond King Blasters at Target!?!? Happy Yankee fan! (Updated 5/3) The King & I
Okay, so much for me trying to cut down. Found another three boxes and got 2 autos ... So total 9 blasters 6 autos. Not bad, but I'm done. Got another 2 Refsnyder cards, one is a duplicate. (Dupe is FT, BTW)

[Image: A6E406DD-F790-4EAB-B359-3CB8A6612F27_zpsssukcjxd.jpg]

My opinion: if Panini keeps up this kind of quality, who cares about logos and licensing ... They're giving me options and my extra spending money is not going to Topps exclusively. Besides these great hits, I really enjoy the base cards to this set, also. I'm so bored with Topps re-using and re-packaging the same image over and over. At least these cards have a certain flair to them. Paper quality, Artistic renderings, HOF players aplenty mixed in with current and rookies! In 2011 Topps hooked me back into collecting, in part, due to a certain quality and variety. The ability to pack pull a Mantle or Berra or Clemente card was a huge positive, IMO. When they stopped paying the Mantle Estate their royalties for the use of his image in random product is probably about the same time I started getting bored with Topps. Coincidence?
Sorry about the rant ... But I really love having Diamond King around, and likewise, very pleased with the retail exposure to this product! Bravo Panini ... Bravo!

RE: Diamond King Blasters at Target!?!? Happy Yankee fan! (Updated 5/3) The King & I
(05-03-2016, 11:37 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Okay, so much for me trying to cut down. Found another three boxes and got 2 autos ... So total 9 blasters 6 autos. Not bad, but I'm done. Got another 2 Refsnyder cards, one is a duplicate. (Dupe is FT, BTW)

[Image: A6E406DD-F790-4EAB-B359-3CB8A6612F27_zpsssukcjxd.jpg]

My opinion: if Panini keeps up this kind of quality, who cares about logos and licensing ... They're giving me options and my extra spending money is not going to Topps exclusively. Besides these great hits, I really enjoy the base cards to this set, also. I'm so bored with Topps re-using and re-packaging the same image over and over. At least these cards have a certain flair to them. Paper quality, Artistic renderings, HOF players aplenty mixed in with current and rookies! In 2011 Topps hooked me back into collecting, in part, due to a certain quality and variety. The ability to pack pull a Mantle or Berra or Clemente card was a huge positive, IMO. When they stopped paying the Mantle Estate their royalties for the use of his image in random product is probably about the same time I started getting bored with Topps. Coincidence?
Sorry about the rant ... But I really love having Diamond King around, and likewise, very pleased with the retail exposure to this product! Bravo Panini ... Bravo!
Doc, I couldn't agree more!

The average Topps blaster will include a manufactured patch or coin ... so while you're hoping for Trout or Harper, you're really looking at pulling Tony Perez, Johnny Bench or Brooks Robinson.

And, you have no shot at a mem or jersey card, because Topps figures you're happy with yet another worthless relic that no one wants to buy or trade for.

However, in most of its retail products now, Panini is offering an auto or relic - of current players and rookies! - in every box.

Last year I hit a Bryant auto/10 out of Elite, a Buxton jersey auto/99 out of Elite, and this year out of Donruss I've hit a Schwarber jersey (with stripe!) numbered 01/99.

Waaaay better than some token Robin Yount medallion or whatever.

And I'm soooooo tired of the token Topps inserts of Jim Palmer, Warren Spahn, yada yada yada ... just give me a better shot at current players and rookies, please!

I would LOVE to see Panini get a full license ... I think the only thing keeping them from destroying Topps is that some people are holding back because of the logo thing.

(05-09-2016, 03:50 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Doc, I couldn't agree more!
The average Topps blaster will include a manufactured patch or coin ... so while you're hoping for Trout or Harper, you're really looking at pulling Tony Perez, Johnny Bench or Brooks Robinson.
And, you have no shot at a mem or jersey card, because Topps figures you're happy with yet another worthless relic that no one wants to buy or trade for.
However, in most of its retail products now, Panini is offering an auto or relic - of current players and rookies! - in every box.
Last year I hit a Bryant auto/10 out of Elite, a Buxton jersey auto/99 out of Elite, and this year out of Donruss I've hit a Schwarber jersey (with stripe!) numbered 01/99.

Waaaay better than some token Robin Yount medallion or whatever.
And I'm soooooo tired of the token Topps inserts of Jim Palmer, Warren Spahn, yada yada yada ... just give me a better shot at current players and rookies, please!
I would LOVE to see Panini get a full license ... I think the only thing keeping them from destroying Topps is that some people are holding back because of the logo thing.
Do you remember the old TV commercials for Avis rent-a-car? We're number two, so we try harder! (Or something to that effect ... #1 was Hertz) well, that's how I kinda view Panini right now. They're not #1.... They're not comfortably resting on their reputation and license monopoly, like Topps. They're trying harder to win collectors over. They got me. I don't give a darn about the license. They are putting out a quality product and they are trying harder.
Your Topps assessment is right on point, Randy. Your retail 'buck' is better spent elsewhere than a Topps retail blaster. Heck, even some Topps hobby box products are ridiculous. As much as I like Heritage, getting 3 autos per case is terrible odds. Your odds of getting something good from a retail DK blaster for $20 is 1000X better than buying a $75 + hobby box of Heritage. Really?
My only 'fear' (not the best word) about Panini getting a license? They might become #1 and stop trying as hard.

My only 2 complaints with Panini is the dropping of Prizm and not keeping select going.