IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Draft talk

RE: Draft talk
Ohio state has a lot of good pros bruh

I was thinking the Packers were going to put themselves in a bind, since they had needs at ILB and TE, and would be forced to overdraft guys since they draft so late. Fortunately, I think the signings of Cook and.... I can't remember the linebacker's name at the moment, but both were UFA (which don't count against the compensory draft picks) and address, at least in the short term, those two positions. This frees them up to draft on best player (which is their preferred method of drafting) and not having to worry about being pigeonholed into drafting on need alone.

And, as to OSU players, just a few that are consistently decent to relatively good players in the league right now:
Ryan Shazier
James Laurenitis
AJ Hawk
Cameron Heyward
Ted Ginn Jr.
Corey Linsley

And those are all just guys that are playing right now. Maybe not all HOF caliber guys, but definitely decent players.

I would like to see the Packers draft TE Hunter Henry from Arkansas. He's a beast and was fun to watch last year.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

It's going to be crazy tomorrow. Miles Jack could fall with his knee (no pun intended), and if he gets around pick 10, I could see teams start to think about moving up. Laremy Tunsil, OT could still be there at pick 4 (jags would probably grab him if he's still there at 5). Jalen Smith is intriguing to me. He could be an amazing talent if you are willing to wait...but where do you take a shot on him?

Packers...who knows. We haven't had an athletic MLB since Capers has been here. We need a speedy guy who can cover. Jack and Smith would fit that. Not really any solid 3-4 MLBs though. I'm guessing we end up with an O-lineman, or trade out. There's a chance Cody Whitehair would be there. Noah Spence could sit for a year behind Peppers and learn how to be a pro, that could be a steal. Or, if Eli Apple is there, I'd keep an eye on him.

Packers potential picks- Trade back, Cody Whitehair OG, Noah Spence OLB, Eli Apple CB, in that order lol.
There's potential they could go homer style in the later rounds. I could see them drafting Stave QB, WI late if he's there. Same with the OLB...can't remember his name.

I think Goff will be the new Bradford...bust! Wentz, I like the comparisons to Flacco.