Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Stephen Curry's back from BGS Grading
Smile 
Stephen Curry's back from BGS Grading
Brought in my Curry's to my LCS and they talked me into sending these to get graded. This is the second time they (including myself overall) have graded cards for me. The first time being way back in 2005, 2 cards - a Shaq auto and Iverson auto. Funny enough I haven't pulled autos of those guys since and both autos were pack pulled. Anyhows, here they are..

09'10 Bowman '48 Stephen Curry Base RC #/2,009 - Graded 9.5
(This was Topps' tribute to 1948 Bowman Basketball. The base rookies were numbered out of the rookies' draft year 2009.)
 photo IMG-20160421-00931_zpsnz4dprpp.jpg

09'10 Bowman '48 Stephen Curry Base RC Blue Parallel #/1,948 - Graded 9
 photo IMG-20160421-00932_zpsxrx2hn5k.jpg

09'10 Topps Stephen Curry Base RC - Graded 9
 photo IMG-20160421-00929_zpsrovr45ox.jpg

09'10 Topps Stephen Curry Base RC Gold Parallel #/2,009 - Graded 8.5

(Once again Topps making the Topps base gold parallel numbered to 2009 - the rookies' draft year)
 photo IMG-20160421-00926_zps82xpdau7.jpg

09'10 Topps Chrome Stephen Curry RC #/999 - Graded 9.5

photo IMG-20160421-00928_zps8ciw45dd.jpg
And the "pièce de résistance"..

09'10 Panini Crown Royale Stephen Curry Autograph RC #/399 - Graded 9.5 with 10 Auto
 photo IMG-20160421-00927_zpsr29nk1ca.jpg

I pulled all of these cards. I always think back to that 2009 draft. The Warriors picked right before the Knicks and drafted Curry. Donnie Walsh, Knicks GM at the time, had even said if Curry was there, he was going to take him. If these were Knicks cards I would never let them go but since they're not... I'm not sure what I'll do.. trade or sell. Or even keep them. Who knows. I'm so excited for playoff basketball, just wish the sorry NY Knicks would get their act together.
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

RE: Stephen Curry's back from BGS Grading
Congrats on pulling these, you did well on the grades. I
I wasn't as lucky as you with 09-10 pulls. I recently went through a bunch of packs I had opened and had places in boxes. I only found 1 Curry, it was one of his Prestige RCs. Nothing in Topps, UD, or Donruss.
I wish I would have picked up a few of his key RCs and Autos when they were cheap.

If you're thinking of selling this may be the best time to sell. His stuff is Curry HOT right now! lol

(04-21-2016, 03:20 PM)sonic311 Wrote: His stuff is Curry HOT right now! lol
Very clever phraseology.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(04-21-2016, 03:20 PM)sonic311 Wrote: Congrats on pulling these, you did well on the grades. I
I wasn't as lucky as you with 09-10 pulls. I recently went through a bunch of packs I had opened and had places in boxes. I only found 1 Curry, it was one of his Prestige RCs. Nothing in Topps, UD, or Donruss.
I wish I would have picked up a few of his key RCs and Autos when they were cheap.

If you're thinking of selling this may be the best time to sell. His stuff is Curry HOT right now! lol
Thanks. So, when I brought my Curry's to my LCS they were like "ya know, we were turning the shop upside down inside out looking for Curry RCs. And you bring all these in." lol!

It was the first time I had my cards graded by BGS. I like the casing and the nameplates. It doesn't really bother me that I can't take out my card and "touch" it. Not that I do that anyways though. I used to be one of those collectors that never "bought in" to the idea of grading cards. But.. I like how it protects them and displays the card info. Makes it easier for non-collectors to understand what the year and product info is etc.

So yeah, I'm opening up to the idea to grade some of my favorites in my NY Knicks PC and some from my basketball collection overall. Guess if I sell the Currys it could help fund this project.
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

vgqv Wrote: I like how it protects them and displays the card info.
That is why I wish I could get all of my cards graded. I have several cards that look very similar but have small differences. I wish I could put all of them next to each other and without a few minutes of trying to determine which one it is, just read a label. My OCD would go crazy though if they were to change their naming though.

Also, it's too expensive to get thousands of cards graded without profit in mind. Waiting for my two Upper Deck Curry rookies to get back. Hopefully, when he comes back, he tears up the playoffs and prices soar.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

Nice stuff
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK