`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of the four grading categories which one has the least amount of weight?

Of the four grading categories which one has the least amount of weight?
Of the four grading categories which one has the least amount of weight? I'm just curious for when I go to buy cards on ebay so I'll know what to look for in the pictures.

RE: Of the four grading categories which one has the least amount of weight?
Edges, probably. Then Surface. Centering and corners will make or break your card.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

(04-20-2016, 03:34 AM)cowboy1501 Wrote: Of the four grading categories which one has the least amount of weight? I'm just curious for when I go to buy cards on ebay so I'll know what to look for in the pictures.
LEAST ??? Edges. Almost impossible to detect an edge issue on eBay scans.

MOST ?? See below

If its a MODERN item I pay closer attention to the corners & surface areas in scans. Centering isn't always easy on some items while others its fairly easy to detect a centering issue. Edges are impossible to detect so I don't even concern myself with that aspect. With so many items in well preserved condition one with defects that stick out like dented corners or off centered internal picture detract from the viewing enjoyment.

Sometimes surface comes into play on shiny chrome stuff so that carries weight only on those items. So centering & corners carry most of the weight to me on modern

If its a VINTAGE I honestly pay attention to the overall eye appeal, corner wear and surface. Staining ,marks , registration, and eye dots are items I'll look for on vintage and try to avoid. I tend to look at vintage as looking a a well down pyramid or a medieval cathedral-- they look great to the eye. The Leaning Tower of Pisa or the ruins in Greece on the other hand are an eye sore. My eyes get drawn not to the card but to the defects-- not what i want to have to enjoy my items.

On vintage eye appeal is almost everything to me.

My own opinion of course--
Jeff

A wise man *cough* Jeffv96masters *cough* once taught me to wipe my cards down, especially chrome, with a soft cloth. Helps get the surface grades up.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

it depends on the set, honestly. different sets have different weights. 1971 topps? edges are huge. chrome? surface is usually the deal breaker. centering is the major one for some sets

(04-21-2016, 09:43 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: it depends on the set, honestly. different sets have different weights. 1971 topps? edges are huge. chrome? surface is usually the deal breaker. centering is the major one for some sets
Let's say just for a couple of examples 1982 Topps football & 1986 Topps football.