Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Kevin White

Kevin White
2,000+ cards
$17,500+ for them all
1 year on league
0 downs played last year

I collect Chicago teams and just realized I've been picking up a lot of Kevin White cards worth some money - just because Beckett says so and for no reasons connected to Reality. He has done nothing related to NFL play. How are his cards worth anything at all? I'm apparently as dumb as the card companies and Beckett think we are.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

RE: Kevin White
IT IS CRAZY TO KNOW HOW MUCH WE INVEST. THE FUN AND THE EXCITEMENT, THUMP THE COST. FROM JANUARY TO MARCH I SPENT ABOUT $300.00 ON EBAY ALONE. THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE LCS & POSTAGE FROM TRADES AND MONTHLY TRADE CLUB. TO THIS DAY, WOULD NOT CHANGE A THING.
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).

In my opinion, this is driven by two factors.

The first is he is a high draft pick at a skilled position.

The second, and most impactful, is the team he is on. There are a few teams that are national brands. This means they're draft picks will maintain the hype of potential for longer.

Bears, Cowboys, Packers, Raiders, Steelers, Pats, and Giants have the national following to keep the hype and value up for high draft pick at a skilled position.

For example, Aaron Rodgers cards kept decent value while he sat on the bench for two years. On the other hand, if White was drafted by Jacksonville, his cards would be half the value that they do right now.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

Yeah, skill position players at the high rounds are going to take more. Dante Fowler was a defensive guy, and even his prices stayed pretty high considering.