`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Box/Case choice with $2k?

Box/Case choice with $2k?
What's the best bang for your buck if you were going to drop $2k on busting boxes or a case? I've always wanted to open a case of National Treasures for myself but thought I'd get some fellow breakers opinions. Or, do I buy multiple different boxes of stuff? I like Playbook and think the product is a little underrated. Price has come down to about $900 too. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

RE: Box/Case choice with $2k?
Well, if *I* had 2k to throw at cases, I'd be going after Prizm. That's my current PC chase at the moment. 2K could get you 2 cases of jumbo, or 5 cases of Hobby. I've seen some pretty rough cases of NT, although I've seen some pretty good ones, though, too. I

Thinking about it a little more, I would say buy one case at 1000 (or multiple depending on what you get) and then use the other 1k for buying singles of the stuff you wanted to pull from NT. That way you get your ripping fix, but also get the really nice cards you might not have gotten from the case.

How's the resale and interest of Prizm now days? Thanks for your input!

(04-13-2016, 08:37 AM)str8domin8 Wrote: How's the resale and interest of Prizm now days? Thanks for your input!
Depends on what you get, really. I've had a box of hobby that paid for itself five times over. I also had a case of jumbo 2014 that the ROI was probably less than the cost of one box, so it can be hitbor miss in terms of value. But, they have fun inserts and plenty of color per box so it is definitely a fun break

Good stuff. Thank you.

I've bought cases of National Treasures before and did pretty well. Opening a high end product like that can be quite a thrill. l would recommend this if you never did a high end case. If you really want to go crazy buy a box of Flawless or a case of Immaculate. It would be quite the thrill. Good luck on whatever you decide.

If I had 2K to blow I wouldn't buy a box...
I would buy 2000 Contenders Tom Brady Rookie Auto
You could get a 8.5/10 for that price!
Smile
[]

Hmmm... That's a darn good point!