`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
2009-10 Topps Stephen Curry Black Parallel card

2009-10 Topps Stephen Curry Black Parallel card
Can anyone shed light on the black parallel 2009-10 rookie card of Stephen Curry. Are they worth getting or just a gimmick?

RE: 2009-10 Topps Stephen Curry Black Parallel card
What do you mean by gimmick? Here is the card in the Beckett database.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

I'm not trying to suggest the card is a gimmick. I just want to know the reason the black parallel card was made. It's not a Chrome nor Refractor. It's a Topps #321 a version of the /2009 gold but numbered in the very limited /50 set. Does this card equal in value of the gold chrome /50 or not? How rare is this card and is it worth investing in. Thanks

It's just the black parallel from that specific year of Topps. Just like the gold parallel /2009 was made of Curry's 09'10 Topps base RC. I guess it'd be fair to think it's value is the same as the Chrome gold since they're both /50. Although one card is a chrome and one isn't. One is a gold parallel and one is black. Guess it depends on the collector's taste.
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

So, In other words, are you saying the black parallel has equal value to that of the gold chrome? I mean, they are both from the /50 set making them limited nonetheless.

You're going to find the Gold Refractor is a much more desirable card thus worth a few grand more at this point I'd say.
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

(04-13-2016, 10:42 AM)crimedawg47 Wrote: You're going to find the Gold Refractor is a much more desirable card thus worth a few grand more at this point I'd say.
You're saying the Gold Chrome and Refractor have more value than the Black Parallel? Because gold and refractor are not the same.

(04-13-2016, 12:27 PM)Beckett2044 Wrote: You're saying the Gold Chrome and Refractor have more value than the Black Parallel? Because gold and refractor are not the same.
It is listed in the database as such: 2009-10 Topps Chrome Refractors Gold #101 Stephen Curry

There is no Gold Chrome, per se. It is a refractor with a gold border.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

I don't think the Topps base parallels are also refractors. The Topps Chrome parallels are.

You have Curry's common base RC in 09'10 Topps
Base Gold parallel /2009
Base Black parallel /50

Then you have Curry's Chrome base RC also in 09'10 Topps that are /999
Chrome base refractor /500
Chrome base gold refractor /50
Chrome base superfractor /1

Despite both /50 I don't think they are worth the same because some collectors are going to value the Chrome Gold refractor parallel much more than the Base Black parallel.
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

(04-13-2016, 01:26 PM)vgqv Wrote: I don't think the Topps base parallels are also refractors. The Topps Chrome parallels are.

You have Curry's common base RC in 09'10 Topps
Base Gold parallel /2009
Base Black parallel /50

Then you have Curry's Chrome base RC also in 09'10 Topps that are /999
Chrome base refractor /500
Chrome base gold refractor /50
Chrome base superfractor /1

Despite both /50 I don't think they are worth the same because some collectors are going to value the Chrome Gold refractor parallel much more than the Base Black parallel.
I figured as much. Thanks for your insight and willingness to communicate with me about that. I just want to make sure I invest in the right card. Thanks again ;-)

(04-13-2016, 12:39 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: It is listed in the database as such: 2009-10 Topps Chrome Refractors Gold #101 Stephen Curry

There is no Gold Chrome, per se. It is a refractor with a gold border.
Thanks for looking that up for me and sharing. Appreciate it.