`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help! I have no idea who I want to collect.

RE: Need help! I have no idea who I want to collect.
If you don't want to do just retired Braves, you can do something like an championship team (RC of all the guys from a certain season) or autos, or you can do something such as all-star teams from a certain year. HOF collection all of these are areas where the moment counts but the player can move on to another team or never do anything again and the collection will still have appeal to you.
Looking for autos of these players as well as established stars and superstars.
[Image: bannerwork.jpg]

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/tdog677...te=replace

I collect Chipper Jones but I didn't start until he was retired.
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling

I like the idea of choosing a player you would still collect in a Braves uniform, even if he were traded.

Jeremy
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

Actually, if you collect the uniform (i.e. the team) instead of a specific player on the team, you can put together a pretty fun collection.

Take the Cubs, for example ... Nice cards of Maddux, Dawson, Grace and so on look pretty cool next to cards of Bryant, Schwarber, etc.

And remember, they can always come back.

As a Tigers fan, one of my favorite pulls ever was Cameron Maybin's prospect auto out of four packs left in a hobby box of 2006 Bowman.

Even after they traded him to Florida (for Miggy), I tried to get at least one special parallel/refractor/GU, etc., card of every team he was on (Marlins, Padres, Braves) ... but the best thing is, they brought him back to Detroit this season.

As many have suggested retired players from your favorite team are a pretty safe bet. In that category I went with Sandberg and Banks. I would also advise to collect a player that you like because of his accolades and achievements on and off the field, not just because of the team he plays for. My other PC guy is Hunter Pence. It won't matter what team he plays for I will still continue to collect his autos and patches.

I collect Biggio and Brooks because they played there entire career with one team
RoncalliJetsForever9096822
HOFer Craig Biggio-1469/5513-26%
HOFer Derrick Brooks-260/773-33%

Thanks everyone for the great ideas. I've thought on it a few days and I think I am going to start a Ryan Klesko collection. He was always one of my favorites as a kid and he has some pretty nice cards in a Braves uniform. Plus they are from the 90s and I personally love 90s inserts. I think I'll also start picking up Dansby Swanson cards in order to enjoy some new stuff. He seems like the real deal.

retired players are a safe bet if you want to stick to a team like the braves!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Become a set collector or......

I echo the thought of team collecting verses specific player on your favorite team, because of trades. I PC collect any and all Phillies cards but not the players themselves. Though I love Ken Giles, I no longer collect him on cards in his Houston uni.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.