`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One of my best trades ever...

One of my best trades ever...
Now this was back in the day when Arod was the boom. I had bought a pack of cards before my friend and I got to the card show and I hit a dual auto co-signers of Kobe Bryant and D. Stadimoure. I was beating my chest, it was the best card I had ever pulled up to that point. Got to the show and the guy had a Sp die cut Arod rc foil (not hologram) I was in love. I had to have it and I traded the Kobe straight up for it.

The last Kobe and Damon co-signers went for $76 and the last ungraded Arod Die cut went for $25. That would have been bad if I stopped there but my friend had a Jordan fleer rc bgs 6 and was itching to upgrade it and so we found a guy that had a bgs 8 and they made the deal. I after the deal was done I asked the guy what he wanted for the Jordan. He looked through my cards and pulled the Arod. I remember him shooting me a dollar amount plus the Arod rc, but I can't remember it.

I told him I didn't have that much all I had was $43.11 in my pocket (all I had on me) This was before credit cards and debit cards so getting money was harder. The guy must have really wanted the Arod so he traded it. And that is how I got a Bgs 6.0 Fleer Jordan rc.

Arod SP die-cut foil rc + $43.11 = Jordan Fleer rc BGS 6.0 (last one sold for $725)
[Image: JordanFleerRCBGS6.jpg]

RE: One of my best trades ever...
Oooohhhh.....I love it!

Amazing!
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

Wow. One great trade.

Nice trade for a truly iconic card, congrats!
[Image: 1969WorldSeriesTicket.jpg]
I collect 1969 Mets memorabilia and 1960 Topps baseball, nothing else.
My 1969 Mets PC Bucket:
http://s214.photobucket.com/user/d3a3l3e3/library/1969%20NY%20Mets%20PC?sort=6&page=1

I think you did okay in hindsight. Cool story!
My Website: thepointguard.weebly.com
Also Collecting: Five Star Autos, '50s Topps Sets
Current Top Wants: '15 Chipper Jones & Other Five Star Autos
[Image: PGBanner_zps899b0bff.jpg]