`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dodger P pulled with No-Hitter in 8th after issuing BB

Dodger P pulled with No-Hitter in 8th after issuing BB
Interesting....walked 2nd batter in bottom of 8th after getting a fly out to start it. Score is 2-0 Dodgers. The almighty pitch count of 100 was reached and Dave Roberts pulled the plug.

Now I don't know all of the specifics about this pitcher, Ross Stripling, other than that he is a rookie. However, what are the chances he gets another opportunity like this?

My question is this: What would YOU do as manager of the Dodgers? Me, personally, I look at it as he could get out of the inning with a DP and still be at 104-105 pitches. Yes, it's early in the season, but...

As I finish this, the Giants hit a HR to tie it.

RE: Dodger P pulled with No-Hitter in 8th after issuing BB
Totally get what you are saying but consider this:
Ross Stripling has had a TJ surgery, has never pitched above AA, and has pitched only 235.2 innings over the past four years. He was at 100 pitches, I think even he agreed to being taken out. Roberts made the right call, this is all on Chris Hatcher (the P who gave up the HR).
I think he made the right call, just didn't work out.
Here is my Photobucket library:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/captaina789/library/?sort=3&page=1
Collecting most Top 100 Prospects and AMAZING patch cards

Yeah, they were just savaging Roberts on Fox Sports Radio, but I don't have a problem with this.

Young guy coming off a serious arm injury, not a ton of innings at any level and - most importantly - 4 BBs and the tying run on base. Granted, it's early in the season, but even if he got out of the inning with 104 or 105 pitches, chances are he wouldn't have been back out for the 9th anyway.

I'm not typically a fan of 100 pitches and hitting the showers, but given the circumstances of this one, I don't have a problem with. Look at what happened to Johan's (more seasoned) arm after getting his no-no.
Kepler

(04-09-2016, 12:27 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I'm not typically a fan of 100 pitches and hitting the showers, but given the circumstances of this one, I don't have a problem with. Look at what happened to Johan's (more seasoned) arm after getting his no-no.
+1

I saw this happening on the tube, and I was initially upset at this.

But as a Cubs fan and remembering what happened to Kerry Wood in his rookie year (prior to his surgery), I am actually glad to see them pull him when they did. Would have been a lot different with 1 or 2 outs in the 9th.
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

Coming off TJ surgery + lack of experience it makes sense. Also makes sense if if--as is being reported--the pitcher was also okay with it.

A 2-0 lead can be gone in one swing right after a walk.
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

Great game for me!!! 100 pitches..walked a guy..tired..decided to take him out..pitcher agreed...shoulda//coulda//woulda...talking heads love this stuff...

AS long as the Giants beat the Dodgers..anyway possible..it is ok with me!!

Having a son who pitched in minors and just had shoulder surgery..I would have pulled him myself...2nd surgeries do not seemed to have the same results..

Here's a scary thought....of the recent no hitters look at their career after...Johan Santana an all time great was never heard from again...guys seasons come crashing down after that game

All great points, everyone. Like I mentioned, I didn't know much of the pitcher's backstory so since he was a recent TJ patient, I have no problem with him being yanked out.