`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.11 Average
RIP Nolan5000, We will miss you.

RE: RIP Nolan5000, We will miss you.
Truly saddened and feeling the loss. I've been wondering about him for weeks. Concerned due to his health and was afraid to think what I was half expecting to find out.

Warren Zevon died recently and the advice he gave us (that struck home with me) before his brain cancer took him was ... 'Enjoy Every Sandwich!" Which was something that Jason wasn't able to enjoy for years. Hopefully he's at the 'great banquet' (as mentioned by Joe), and having a big hoagie.

Jason, you fought the good fight, lived when nobody expected you to survive and taught us all to be thankful for what we have, and how easily it can be taken from us. The taste of food, the touch of a woman and the ability to independently get around on your own. Things taken for granted, but should never be.

I hope all your Nolan Ryan cards in heaven are 1/1 BGS 11 ... Heavenly Gem Mint Plus!
RIP buddy!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Legit tears when I saw this. I don't know what to say. He was always sincerely nice to me in posts and PMs. Very helpful to people with questions. Everything you'd want in a message board neighbor, and I would guess in real life neighbor.

I know he's in a better place. I hope his family is finding comfort and peace in their loss.

Thanks for sharing and letting us know and have an opportunity to celebrate Jason.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

Not sure if I ever interacted with him on the boards but from what I'm reading here I can guess that he was an unbelievable individual. I'm sorry to hear of his passing.

Not knowing his health issues, does someone know what he was dealing with?

Wow. Really sad to hear this. He was a good member to have on these boards and always spoke his mind. I can only imagine what it was like to be in his condition. No longer does he have to suffer.

Jason, may you rest in peace!

(03-27-2016, 01:14 PM)madamson Wrote: Not sure if I ever interacted with him on the boards but from what I'm reading here I can guess that he was an unbelievable individual. I'm sorry to hear of his passing.

Not knowing his health issues, does someone know what he was dealing with?
All I know is he had an operation on his brain (tumor?) and was unable to eat or drink, confined to a wheelchair for a long time(15-20 years). Truly a real nice person, who was very helpful and encouraging, but you had to get to know him (well as good as one can on the boards). Will forever remember the +34 or +5,000 as his sign of approval/agreement. Wonder what will /has happened to his Nolan Ryan collection......hope his family was really aware of what he had invested in it.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(03-27-2016, 01:39 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: All I know is he had an operation on his brain (tumor?) and was unable to eat or drink, confined to a wheelchair for a long time(15-20 years). Truly a real nice person, who was very helpful and encouraging, but you had to get to know him (well as good as one can on the boards). Will forever remember the +34 or +5,000 as his sign of approval/agreement. Wonder what will /has happened to his Nolan Ryan collection......hope his family was really aware of what he had invested in it.
Thank you for the update. Sometimes life just isn't fair.

I am very sad for Jason, but am happy for him as well. He is now living with Jesus, whom he loves. In spite of all of these ailments, Jason soldiered on, living a life of gratitude for the Lord sparing his life back in 2001. Here is a bit of his story that he shared with me last June:

==================
Have I ever shared my story with you? IF not, here it is:

In 2 days, is actually the 14th Anniversary of my emergency brain stem surgery.

Allow me to introduce myself to you. My name is Jason. I'm not your typical collector. I have many disabilities. I have a trach, a feeding tube thru which I get 100% nutrition, poor speech, due to facial paralysis and I spend most of the day in my wheelchair.

The reason for all of my ailments is simple; I am a cancer survivor!! Back in June of 2001, it was discovered that I had a malignant brain stem tumor. My Neurosurgeon said that the tumor was actually inoperable, but IF he didn't go ahead and operate that I'd be dead within the week. This, in and of itself, is a true Miracle. This is because you won't find too many neurosurgeons that will even go near a tumor where mine was located!

I said let's go for it and Thank You Jesus am I glad I did!!

Thank You for allowing me to share just a portion of my Testimony with you. IF interested, you can read about My Walk With Jesus on my CaringBridge page at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jasonp
========================

Jason's last Caring Bridge update showed the following truths straight from the Bible:

for ALL have sinned and fall short the Glory of GOD
Romans 3:23

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of GOD is eternal life in Christ Jesus our LORD.
Romans 6:23

but GOD shows His love for us in that we were still sinners, Christ died for us
Romans 5:8

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing, it is the gift of GOD, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
Ephesians 2:8-9

But to all who did receive Him, who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of GOD.
John 1:12

Jason, if you can somehow read this from heaven, I want to tell you that while we had very limited interactions, I would be willing to bet that Jesus has welcomed you by saying "Well done, good and faithful servant." I say this with tears in my eyes in hoping that when I leave earth, that strangers, acquaintances, friends and family will all be able to say that I loved Jesus as well. I look forward to meeting you someday!
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile
www.TanManBaseballFan.com
Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know!
Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict

Truly sad to hear.........
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

What a touching story,. He was sure braver than the rest of us. RIP Jason
Plano, Tx. Card Show #7, Sunday March 5, 2017 from 9 AM to 4 PM at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx.

Thanks, Jason.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.