Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grading opinions please
Video 
Grading opinions please
I am considering getting this card graded. I don't expect a 9.5, and probably not a 9, but I am hopeful of at least an 8.5. I am not trying to resell the card, it is for my own PC, but I don't want to damage the value either. My question is this, should I get the card graded, and if so should I put a minimum acceptable grade, and if so what should the minimum acceptable grade be? I believe there are only 15 graded copies of this card currently and it is only numbered to 50.
[Image: 645E5DE3-A1BF-42A1-8685-CA8AE533C688_zpsirf01frw.jpg]
[Image: AF50324E-C558-4AA2-9D85-495F1392950D_zpslpjvbhbe.jpg]
[Image: Jones%20Kershaw_zpswfyrmlav.jpg]

RE: Grading opinions please
sweet card, i would get it graded just to protect it. i think it would grade 8 to maybe 8.5, (9 if your lucky and slip in a 20.00 spot....lol), any lower i would crack it out of the case
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

To be completely honest, I'd grade it regardless of any potential let down. That right there is the type of card that if his career continues on the trajectory it's currently on, it won't matter if it ends up an 8.5, 8, etc. There's only 50 and while I haven't looked at the pop report, I'd have to imagine that it's not loaded with 9.5's. He has the greatest start to a career for any pitcher in MLB's history and those don't pop up every day (because those who own them know what they have). There's nothing you can do about older Chromes unfortunate mis-cuts. My favorite player is Stanton (obviously). His '08 Bowman chrome is notorious for being mis-cut and having a less than perfect auto. I managed to find an orange a few weeks back, only graded an 8.5/10. There's no way I'm cutting it out. It's protected extremely well and while an 8.5 sounds extremely low, it's the second highest graded orange and the other is only a 9.

On a side note, if you were to decide that the grade is just to unbearable to look at some time down the road, you could always cut it out.

That is a beaut! Grade it!

The auto is very clean... As a buyer, I'd feel much better about buying this card which is graded 7.5 or 8 due to centering, than buying a raw with clear centering issues... so I don't see it hurting value at all...

And, I have seen similar-centered cards luck out and get an 8 or 8.5 on centering, which could bring you an 8.5 or even 9 if all other factors are right. Is the back equally askew?

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Thanks for the feedback. I have never sent cards in to Becket for grading before, but I think I will send this one in. They have been calling me and offering grading specials and I think I will take them up on it. I would be happy with an 8.5, and really happy with a 9 (I would even gladly slip them an extra $20), but it seems that even if it comes back a 7.5 or 8 I would be doing OK, hopefully it won't be any lower than that. Also posted a pic of the back, which seems better than the front to me in terms of centering.
[Image: Jones%20Kershaw_zpswfyrmlav.jpg]