`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mail call (catching up with some purchase/trades) UPDATED Harper

RE: Mail call (catching up with some purchase/trades)
Hangin with the hoi-paloi now I see DrM....great stuff. Mantles are awesome...but where is the '52? Thanks for sharing. Whats wrong with the Goldy surface to only get a 7? Cool card with the check signature...........
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(03-29-2016, 07:52 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Hangin with the hoi-paloi now I see DrM....great stuff. Mantles are awesome...but where is the '52? Thanks for sharing. Whats wrong with the Goldy surface to only get a 7? Cool card with the check signature...........
Thanks Joe! Yeah, the '52 Mantle will be ordered right after I get my Reward deposited into my account by some Nigerian Dude who needed my help getting his Millions liberated from his country. Smile

I have no idea why the Goldschmidt card's surface was downgraded so much ... It looks darned good in person ... But whatever, it's a 1/1 so I don't really care that much. It's the very best condition that card can be found in. Smile

[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Another good mail day ... My Favorite Marlins
[Image: 15243294-779F-4478-8FBD-D5CE497C1ED9_zpstumwvamb.jpg]
Yelich/Stanton Supreme dual auto /25

And One more goal achieved ... My first Bryce Harper auto / patch (just barely a patch, but a patch just the same Smile )
[Image: 4A7C9B5E-9E8E-4E70-92BD-93254EB09743_zpsqeh2usn7.jpg]
Bryce Harper Finest Auto/patch /25

I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Mail call (catching up with some purchase/trades) UPDATED Harper
That's a pretty nice Harper, Doc! Congrats!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(04-01-2016, 12:35 PM)aprirr Wrote: That's a pretty nice Harper, Doc! Congrats!
Thanks, Aaron. The auto could be cleaner and I'd have preferred an on-card vs. a sticker auto, but it's a good starter card. Smile

Heeeey, what are you doing with those Marlins?

Nice stuff btw.

(04-01-2016, 09:56 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Heeeey, what are you doing with those Marlins?
Nice stuff btw.
I've been collecting Marlins for a while, Matt. Yelich mostly, Stanton when I can afford it and every now & again, Jose Fernandez, Ozuna, Hechavarria And Dontrelle Willis. David Phelps was just a continuation from my Yankees collection...

Don't worry, my Marlins/Stanton collection can't hold a candle to yours
My only other Stanton auto right now is
[Image: null_zps13603447.jpg]
And most of my Yelich collection
[Image: 107DCB0B-FB9D-41E3-AA39-7F9DD75F3E21_zpsp30ujiku.jpg]

Congrats on the Harper DrM. Nice start to a collection.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

That booklet is awesome. 2011 Triple Threads is my favorite set of all time. I'm particularly fond of Stanton's from that set.

(04-02-2016, 08:35 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: That booklet is awesome. 2011 Triple Threads is my favorite set of all time. I'm particularly fond of Stanton's from that set.
Thanks, Matt. 2011 ... back when he was just Mike Stanton! When I first saw it, I had to have That booklet ... Fish Sticks ... LOL. Who thinks up that stuff! Triple Threads has always been fun. 2011 was my first year, and Triple Threads was a new, refreshing product for me.
(04-02-2016, 06:44 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Congrats on the Harper DrM. Nice start to a collection.
Thanks Joe. I've been trying to focus on certain goals instead of buying everything and having piles of base cards to sort through. I've been wanting a Harper Auto for years. Seems I was never going to pull one, so I'll stop trying. Smile