`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
1986 Fleer Michael Jordan rookie. Real or fake? (Link)

1986 Fleer Michael Jordan rookie. Real or fake? (Link)
I saw this on ebay and was wondering if you guys think it's real or fake. It appears to have black lettering on the back, could that just be the camera?
Here's the link:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/281966432559

RE: 1986 Fleer Michael Jordan rookie. Real or fake? (Link)
I'm not buying the story... FAKE!

Check out seller's past sales - Curry! lol

But yeah, I don't buy that uncle story for a second. Someone is the proud owner of a 99 cents reprint.
I am "THE" Elgin Baylor collector. Collecting basketball cards since 1992. You may know me from other places as "SportsItUpCards" or "Gio"

Collecting:

Elgin Baylor

Steve Francis 1999-00 Rare cards #'d to 100 or less

facebook.com/groups/SportsCardsHobbyTalk

Fake.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

I figured i'd ask, what makes you guys think it's fake? The black lettering?
Also, what do you think about this one? It looks exactly the same.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131755479993?_tr...EBIDX%3AIT

Fake. And the reason I say it is because if you had a card that looked that good and knew you had to list it as a reprint to cover your butt when selling it, you would simply spend the $50 (or less) with Beckett and get that bad boy graded. A PSA 10 sold a few days ago for over $18k for crying out loud. So you can't tell me that somebody familiar with Ebay and the grading process and had a card of that caliber would simply let it go for $150. I mean we are talking about THE basketball card to have so he most likely already tried to grade it and it came back a fake so he is selling a piece of crap to somebody else willing to take a chance. Remember this is a card that has been faked numerous times so to buy any copy that is ungraded is simply not smart.

I did laugh my butt off when I saw the seller sold a 2009 Topps Steph Curry in December and only got $46 for it Smile Now that they are selling for HUGE cash! That is if people are actually paying for them.

Anytime someone lists a Jordan rookie (or basically any card) as a reprint you should pretty much always assume it's a reprint!