`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unfortunately, I have to ask...

unfortunately, I have to ask...
Is anyone familiar with the username MARKGAUDET?" We have a 200+ deal in the works and after what recently happened with cauz1717, I feel that I have to check references now with people I'm not familiar with. Mark, if you read this, please take no offense, as it isn't personal. I just don't feel like getting burned again. So, anyone with any feedback on this user, please let me know asap. He is in Canada, so the whole tracking issue comes into play again. Thank you, everyone, for your feedback and have a great day! !! -Joe

RE: unfortunately, I have to ask...
It's been a while but I have had a perfectly fine trade with him in the past. Your recent experience though goes to show that that might not matter....
Looking for rookies, autos, and patches current Canuck players in Canuck uniform and former Canuck stars IE Linden, Bure etc
Bucket: http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/h...or%20Sale/

See if he's OK with sending first. Can't hurt to ask.

I don't really think he has grounds to ask for mark to send first...
Looking for rookies, autos, and patches current Canuck players in Canuck uniform and former Canuck stars IE Linden, Bure etc
Bucket: http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/h...or%20Sale/

So far, everyone has had very positive things to say about him. I really don't like asking people to send first. Based on what I've heard, I feel a hell of a lot better about the trade. Thank you everyone for your input. -Joe

Have you tried looking at the feed back section of the site? This is always a good place to start when trading with members. Look at the feedback other members have given, the number of trades someone has done, when the last trade was completed. By looking at these things you should be able to come to some conclusions about the person your are trade with. Just my 2 cents.
[Image: 35754349162_ed852a8323.jpg]

Bucket: https://www.flickr.com/photos/123198232@N04/albums
"ONLY TRADER ALBUMS ARE AVAILABLE"

I appreciate your two cents, but that is the first thing I checked. Unfortunately, I also checked Todd Cozma's before trading and I still got burnt. The guy I'm trading with now has done some trading in the past and has just returned to beckett after a 2 year hiatus. Good feedback, but nothing current which is why I asked. I also checked facebook, where I also got some good feedback, but again, nothing real current. One person told me he has a great rating on ebay, however I couldn't find the user name on either the us or .CA sites. It's a $200+ trade each ay, so I just wanted to be sure. From what I've seen, he's a good guy, so the trade will most likely go thru. I'll let everyone know if he sends or not, so everyone else can see more recent feedback for him.

It actually raises a good point about the validity of older feedback. With the size of the deal, I don't think it would be unreasonable to ask the other trader with, good but older feedback, to send first IF you have plenty of recent good feedback.

i disagree. i would of been slightly offended if i was asked to send first... I was away from the site for almost 2 years. Does that mean that the 400+ positive trades that i made mean nothing?

maybe if the person asking me had plenty of recent positive trades. If not i would feel like i was the one that was going to get burned.

I hope no one on here gets burned ever again (wishful thinkin i know) I think asking in public like jeh177 did is fine. I would not of taken offence to it if it were me he was asking about. and im sure plenty of traders would of vouched for me, so there would of been no reason to send first...
Primary PC: Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, Connor Mcdavid, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Collecting All Oilers GU/Auto/SN cards

also building sets, needs found here http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1488853.html

I am very uneasy about asking someone to send first, for the reason mentioned, it seems like a set up. I would never send first, if asked. I have plenty of places to provide feedback and, as I have found out, so does the person I originally asked about. I just didn't want to go strictly off of old feedback, because that is how I got burned with Todd. The difference with that deal and this one is that mark corresponds with me and even let's me know when he is going to be away. I have gotten enough feedback from others and other sources, that I believe mark is a decent trader and I have nothing to worry about. I am sorry that I starred this whole ***** storm, but it's my money and my cards, so I like your be safe and make solid decisions. I'm not referring to this post. That's more directed toward people who read comments here and then run their mouths on facebook thinking that they know what's going on. So, although I'm sorry to have stirred the pot, I will continue to do things my way until I'm told that I can't. If I thought I was doing something wrong, I wouldn't have done it. Have a great day and enjoy your weekend!!!!