`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Overpaying Thread

The Overpaying Thread
Remember that old Circuit City Commercial? The one where the kid comes into the store.

"Excuse me, sir? Last week, I bought this. But today, I saw this. "
(Shows an advertisement for his same item advertised for less than he paid for his item.)

"I just opened the paper and there it was."

The clerk happily opens the register and gives him the difference. The child is merrily on his way, without feeling like a knucklehead because he overpaid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epP3jETf8Og

Oh, how I wish it were that way with eBay! Last year, A card was up forever for $325 or so. I talked the seller down, and with 5x eBay bucks, I probably ended up getting it for $175. The problem? A week later, another came up and sold for about $100. :doh: I haven't seen another before or since.

Has this happened to you? Share!
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile
www.TanManBaseballFan.com
Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know!
Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict

RE: The Overpaying Thread
Yes, I have had this happen many times. One thing I try to keep in mind is that sometimes the 2nd one only sells for $100 because I wasn't adding to the bidding. There have actually been a few times when I do add into the bidding, just to make myself feel better about what I paid on the first one. Though that has backfired in a few cases where I end up winning the 2nd one too, though I don't feel bad as now my average price for the 2 is less than what I paid for the first one.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Oh yeah, had that happened before I bought a decent card for $315.00, when the product was newish and the players had a good start. However, the next year he started off pretty bad and that particular card was going for around $150-200, until he went on fire last year and now the card is getting back up in price. But yeah I definitely know how that feels, lol. The sad part for me is that I have seen a good amount of other ones on eBay for around that price, haha, I guess you win some and lose some.
Here is my Photobucket library:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/captaina789/library/?sort=3&page=1
Collecting most Top 100 Prospects and AMAZING patch cards

I've waited months to years for certain cards to have them pop up once where I pay out the nose for them. Then as soon as I have it in hand one or several more make an appearance selling for 1/2- 1/3 what I paid. Frustrating but if they don't show up often, how can you be certain?