`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Do you trust vending boxes?

RE: Do you trust vending boxes?
This may be a non sequitur, but 1985 Fleer Puckett and Clemens don't have the high dollar Rookie cards. Those come from the 1984 Fleer update. (I am sure that isn't news). So the juice probably isn't worth the squeeze.

(03-09-2016, 04:36 PM)SiriFiina Wrote: Just a general question on your level of trust when buying online from a vendor selling vending boxes that they have not been searched. I am not accusing anyone of anything, but I wonder who you can trust.

For example, a 1985 Fleer Baseball vending box for sale on ebay. It is listed for $12.50 plus shipping. Scam or good deal?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281956670033?_tr...EBIDX%3AIT

I have been a wax box buyer my whole life, mostly for building a collection of stars from that year, not to build complete sets. What are the disadvantages of buying a vending box when looking for stars, vs traditional wax or cello packs?

Thanks!
Recently bought 3 boxes of 87 vendor boxes. First box, all hits were there except Kelly. Be very careful of these vendor boxes especially when they say unsearched. When you pull cards and align the stack you can reassemble the box to where the ribbing/light, dark (Thats one tip you know the box has not been touched) Can look like it is still unsearched. No hit box request your money back.

(03-09-2016, 04:36 PM)SiriFiina Wrote: Just a general question on your level of trust when buying online from a vendor selling vending boxes that they have not been searched. I am not accusing anyone of anything, but I wonder who you can trust.

For example, a 1985 Fleer Baseball vending box for sale on ebay. It is listed for $12.50 plus shipping. Scam or good deal?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281956670033?_tr...EBIDX%3AIT

I have been a wax box buyer my whole life, mostly for building a collection of stars from that year, not to build complete sets. What are the disadvantages of buying a vending box when looking for stars, vs traditional wax or cello packs?

Thanks!

I would never trust buying a vending box on Ebay. If my local card shop was selling them, I would trust it.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.