Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trout card value?
Music 
Trout card value?
I paid $1.25 for this card is it even worth that?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Trout card value?
I'd say if it was actually a team or league issued card and not some makeup by some wannabe card maker, it's worth it.

And, either way, at $1.25 for a card that shows him in a uniform that he doesn't have many cards of (if any), worse case it's a pretty good novelty item.

And, as always, if you're happy with it, it's a good deal.

I'd pay 1.25 for it for sure.

There was about 15 of em on ebay for sale from other sellers so must have been maybe a minor league oromotion card or something

(03-02-2016, 01:28 PM)blackstang932005 Wrote: There was about 15 of em on ebay for sale from other sellers so must have been maybe a minor league oromotion card or something
I may actually go get one, LOL.

Looks like it is a Team issued set, there are two more of these out there with a different color border and a different picture.
Here is my Photobucket library:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/captaina789/library/?sort=3&page=1
Collecting most Top 100 Prospects and AMAZING patch cards

Is there a number on it? If you search the OPG for "Cedar Rapids Mike Trout" three different cards show up (2 in 2010). No BV, but they're at least acknowledged it's a team-issued card.
Kepler

(03-02-2016, 07:09 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Is there a number on it? If you search the OPG for "Cedar Rapids Mike Trout" three different cards show up (2 in 2010). No BV, but they're at least acknowledged it's a team-issued card.
These cards that are now flooding eBay are not the 3 from 2010 listed by Beckett. Those 3 cards look like this...
2010 Cedar Rapids Kernels DAV #31 Mike Trout
[Image: s-l1600.jpg]
2010 Cedar Rapids Kernels Team Issue #25 Mike Trout
[Image: 883338142_o.jpg]
2011 Cedar Rapids Kernels Alumni DAV #13 Mike Trout

I believe these new ones popping up were printed more recently and not in 2010. Not sure if they were issued by a minor league team or someone else, but there sure are a bunch of them available, most for around $1-$3 each. This reminds me of the Broder copycats from the early 90s.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

As a long time collector of minor league cards, I'm fairly certain that the Trout is not team issued nor is it even officially licensed. If you're bored, look up 'Trout 2010 Cedar Rapids' on the bay and then notice all the similar results…and maybe just a little coincidental that one seller seems to be offering all the cards??? (Check out his other auctions as well for similar styled cards.)
I absolutely second djohn's opinion that these are nothing more than a 2000s version of the infamous Broder cards. Someone has access to some decent photos/printing materials and is mass producing custom cards that they are attempting to pass off as being produced during whatever season they happen to print on the front…when I'm betting that they most likely were printed within the last year or two. (Which, to Broder's credit, at least the majority of the cards he produced were actually done in the year noted on the card.)
That said, at a couple bucks a piece, it's a neat card for a Trout collector - and at least the seller isn't completely ripping people off, but still think he could be more upfront in his listings and note that these are custom produced.
As a side note, official 2010 Cedar Rapids sets sell for around $100 (that would be the 2nd card that djohn posted - the one with the Perfect Game logo).