`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shipping to Canada - Big Bucks

RE: Shipping to Canada - Big Bucks
This is part of the reason I only try to make big deals. The smaller ones just aren't worth it
[Image: 7xIxBeM.png]
Courtesy of jbel4331

I'm from Canada and shipping can be very slow. If that is not acceptable then I guess I can't help you. Thanks for looking.

My Photobucket
http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m625...e22briguy/

I ship using the PayPal link and it's about $3 and I have had no mail returned or heard of anyone on the receiving end having to pay extra.
[Image: image.jpg]

Did a trade last summer and shipped to Canada. For tracking my PO said $45. Such a joke
Collecting: Bryce Harper, Cal Ripken Jr, Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris and Ted Williams.

(02-27-2016, 02:54 PM)dimarco73 Wrote: That's kinda how this all started with me. I mailed out using my Ebay/Paypal and like normal and mailed it as a large envelope for something like $2.75 or $2.85 and about a week or so later I received it back saying postage was invalid.
I went to the post office and told me it was short by almost $7.

So in the end I ended up losing out on my original $2.85 and coughed up another $9.50 because it was unbendable (package price).

Then the other day, I mailed out one of those really small bubble mailers and got smacked again with the $9.50 charge.

Not that it's a huge deal, but I just wanted to know if its just my PO being overly strict or are other people running into this recently.
Thickness has more to do with it than anything. I find if get much more than a couple of cards in there in one card holder that it is to thick. I believe it is an envelope if it is less than 1/4 inch. Also I use the size #0000 mailers which are bearly bigger than the card.

So if I am mailing like 6 cards to canada I will either put them in a team bag with no card holder or protection or I will split them into 2 packages

Also, if the PO says it is to rigid ask if it is to thick to go as a large envelope or a flat. If it is not to thick, than you should be able to send it that way and just pay the non machinable .22 cent extra fee.

I sent out 2 packages to Canada last year and both were around $9-$10/ea to ship. Also, one took about 6 days to reach the destination, while the other took a little over 2 weeks.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

I know going the other way that if the package is under 100g (about 3.5 ounces) and it fits through the magic slot my PO allows me to send as an oversized envelope (Here an envelope vs package is defined as paper or not paper) as I explained once that cardboard is paper Smile for $5.15. However, sometimes (and my local PO is great) small package is cheaper (why I don't know perhaps the way the wind is blowing that day for all I know, but the nice lady behind the counter at my PO always checks both for me to see which is cheaper). However if the package goes over 100g the price jumps up to $12 or more. Since unless I'm trading with another Canadian (and there is like 4 of us active in baseball by my count) every trade is international. I think of it this way...if I was at a show and found all of these cards how much would it cost? Almost always more than shipping. Factor in the convenience of not searching through multiple boxes (fun I admit at shows but time consuming), and the fun of trading and the cost to me is still worth it.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

How do i use paypal shipping in a trade? The last small package of cards i sent out to Canada I think cost me like 8 bucks and I was shocked. It used to cost like $3. Post office has increased everything these days.

(02-27-2016, 08:55 PM)Dub24rollin Wrote: I ship using the PayPal link and it's about $3 and I have had no mail returned or heard of anyone on the receiving end having to pay extra.
+1

In my experience receiving items from the US, if the shipper says it's "photos" and it's under a certain thickness, you can send it as an oversized envelope, which is pretty cheap, but has no tracking. If it's a package, it starts to get more expensive, but at least it comes with tracking.

For me to mail from Canada to the US, a light packet (which comes with no tracking) has gone from $3.65 to $5.00 in the past 18 months, and if I need to send with tracking, which I do on larger trades, prices start at about $16.

Apparently, both the USPS and Canada Post believe that the way to save the dying postal service is to jack up rates to those of us who do still use it. Brutal.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

I have the same Problem- Non=Bendable- I use Old Floppy Disc Mailers and Have to pay the extra Fees just to ship in the United States. I asked the Postal Clerk why would I want it to be bent, he said it will not go thru the sorter and has to be hand cancelled. I asked the Post Master General for an explanation. But no Reply pmgceo@usps.gov