`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shipping to Canada - Big Bucks

RE: Shipping to Canada - Big Bucks
Just an update to this discussion. I received a bubble from the states yesterday. 11 cards. Postage on it... $1.80. It was a printed label stamp USPS.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

I need to find that clerk and have him transferred out to my local PO

A quick update to this. A fairly large trade was made between myself and Rmpaq5. I sent him 7.5 ounces of cards so I thought I would go for the "Large Letter" option in PayPal which would have been under $3 to ship to Canada. However, the "Large Letter" option is only good for "flexible" items. I don't think Rmpaq5 would have appreciated his new cards being flexible. So I went to the trusty post office and told him the cheapest way to Canada please. It did cost $9.50 to ship an "International First Class Package" to Canada. Comes with tracking up to the border. But it seems the $9.50 is probably the correct cost for the larger packages.

Wish I lived where that post office clerk stamped $1.80 on a package!
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

(03-21-2016, 11:28 AM)woogie23 Wrote: A quick update to this. A fairly large trade was made between myself and Rmpaq5. I sent him 7.5 ounces of cards so I thought I would go for the "Large Letter" option in PayPal which would have been under $3 to ship to Canada. However, the "Large Letter" option is only good for "flexible" items. I don't think Rmpaq5 would have appreciated his new cards being flexible. So I went to the trusty post office and told him the cheapest way to Canada please. It did cost $9.50 to ship an "International First Class Package" to Canada. Comes with tracking up to the border. But it seems the $9.50 is probably the correct cost for the larger packages.

Wish I lived where that post office clerk stamped $1.80 on a package!
I'll be shipping my end after work today....I'll get the specifics on weight etc... and post my cost. It seems that it really depends who you get behind the desk. That $1.80 guy needs to be cloned and placed at all of your POs! Smile

My end weighed 176g (6.21 oz) and cost $5.70. If it would have hit 200g (7oz) it would have jumped to $8.25, and at 300g (10.5oz) it would jump to $11.75.