`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2008 TriStar Prospects Plus - 2 box break - WOW!

2008 TriStar Prospects Plus - 2 box break - WOW!
So I finally got around to opening the 2 boxes of 2008 TriStar Prospects Plus that I bought during Black Friday. I still have 6 boxes of 2008 TriStar Projections to open though. Anyhow, these boxes were both surprises to me as I have opened a ton of these over the past few years and never had any like either of these. First off, if you aren't familiar these boxes have 9 "guaranteed hits", which are 4 autographs, 4 serial numbered cards (to 50 or less), and 1 jersey card. The names in this set include Buster Posey, Jake Arrieta, Eric Hosmer, Brett Lawrie, Madison Bumgarner, and many more. So there is definitely a good chance at landing a decent hit. Anyhow, as I said I never have had boxes like this before, so here they are.

Box 1:
Green Parallel (#'d/50): Bryan Shaw, Logan Forsythe
Green Diecut Parallel (#'d/50): Austin Jackson
Gold Diecut Parallel (#'d/25): Tim Fedroff
Jersey Card: Christian Friedrich
Farm Hands Autographs: Mike Lee

That's not a typo, I was shorted 3 autographs in 1 box. At least I got base cards of all the top names. This was the first time I didn't land the appropriate number if hits, so I thought it must be a fluke, and I opened box #2.

Box 2:
Green Parallel (#'d/50): David Cooper, Ryan Lavarnway
Green Diecut Parallel (#'d/50): Corban Joseph/Ryan Wilkes
Gold Parallel (#'d/25): Brian Matusz, Dusty Coleman
Gold Diecut Parallel (#'d/25): Robbie Ross
Farm Hands Autographs: Brad Hand, Ryan Perry, Jay Austin, Aaron Shafer

This time I got 2 extra serial numbered cards but missed the jersey.

At least the boxes were cheap (only $15 this time), but these were definitely the worst boxes of this product I have ever opened. The interesting thing is that the boxes explicitly state GUARANTEED for each of the hits, though it's been 8 years since the product was released I am considering reaching out to TriStar to see if they will offer to do anything about this (although I know they no longer make cards). I figure the worst that can happen is that they simply say NO.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: 2008 TriStar Prospects Plus - 2 box break - WOW!
I believe they had major flaws in collation ... I bought 3 boxes and got the same autos in each box. Pure garbage, IMO. But at least the hit count was correct. Sorry to hear about that .., but at least it was a cheap purchase.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.