`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone know of these cards?

anyone know of these cards?
Hi there I am holping someone might know more info on some cards. I saw them on on a auction site but some details seem unclear dor example 1 seller that had them at a high price said the were never released? Which seemed a bit odd as I got some from another seller for way cheaper like $3 compared to something over $50 for the same cards
Details I have now about them are that they were Goalie cards and were done by a company called SCA cards a company I do not recall knowing about . these are or some are called “Moment In The Career”
They were made in 2015-2016 but the goalies at least for the most part are from the past
For example 2 goalies I got were Rick Heinz and Ed Dyck both Canuck players
It seems odd they were not released if more than 1 seller had them but at the same time these seemed rather hard to find. I think there was 2 sellers that had them the oe I bought from and the overpriced seller
Perhaps the price difference is also what seemed odd

please note these cards are currently in the mail to me so I cant really provide pictures of them

one question would be why were they not released most of the players did not have a card out for them. did SCA go out of business or lose a license or something? seems odd as it seems like these cards could be popular

hope someone can help or at least someone that has seen or heard of these?

Thanks in advance

RE: anyone know of these cards?
Looks like to me that they are unlicensed cards made some some one looking to make a quick buck.
Have seen in the past someone making cards of players that did not have cards for that team or year.
Maybe the same guy.
From what I see they are WAY overpriced.

(02-21-2016, 11:50 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: Looks like to me that they are unlicensed cards made some some one looking to make a quick buck.
Have seen in the past someone making cards of players that did not have cards for that team or year.
Maybe the same guy.
From what I see they are WAY overpriced.
ok thanks I found some that were way lower in price too I think you saw the one like over $50 I think often over $100 that is per card. another seller had some that were maybe $3 each if that so it seemed really odd

thanks for the info

I remember seeing alot of these cards being advertised from Russia. They're unlicensed cards, not really worth much of anything, except to someone looking for an oddball card of their favorite player. I used to find similar stuff at the local flea market for $1 - 2 ...
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

(02-22-2016, 10:48 AM)jaykayzee Wrote: I remember seeing alot of these cards being advertised from Russia. They're unlicensed cards, not really worth much of anything, except to someone looking for an oddball card of their favorite player. I used to find similar stuff at the local flea market for $1 - 2 ...
wow ok thanks

They may say serial numbered out of 10 but are they?

NO

ok I want to thank you for your help I actually had got 6 cards and all rather cheap. looking at the cards they look pretty good too unfortunate they were not released properly though still am happy with the cards I got and that they were no where close to the guy that thinks they are worth about $50-$100+ each

I should add these were purchased before I found out this info

If you like them, that's what counts. I've picked up a few unlicensed cards over the years at antique malls and such. I have no idea how many were made or even where they are from, but I don't see them anywhere else, and I am only keeping them for my PC. I think that's at least little bits of cool, even if the maker didn't pay a huge licensing fee to a league.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.