`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
I've had enough of this crap

RE: I've had enough of this crap
Yup, always been a shifty vibe there, for sure, thanks for putting it out there Matt.

As far as people leaving the site because of bad eggs, I've been here long enough to see a lot of sketchy guys come and go, but have had very few deals go south on me.

I feel like if you stick to the guys you know (and there are some great ones on this site...many of whom have posted in this thread), and as new guys come along you make them send first to be sure, and you ignore the guys you don't feel good about, then this site can be great.

It does make me sad to lose great trade partners because of the bad ones, I think you can just cut out the noise and focus on the good, then you don't have to go anywhere!

Let's rebuild this community with great traders!
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

I'm glad we're reminded about these guys from time to time.

However, I will give them credit for always being crappy trade partners. It sucks, but at the same time they're consistent and you (hopefully) know what you're getting into from the jump.

The ones that really bother me are when the good traders decide to go bad. Those are the ones that really sting.
Kepler

Thanks for the heads up. I see he's/they're also on Blowout Cards.
I'm glad I haven't received any offers from this member but its hard to believe someone with these practices would have good feedback or ratings.

Just so everyone knows. I had the card in hand. The past month have been plagued with constant doctor and hospital visits as I(Keegan) have had a staph infection the size of a golfball in my neck. I communicated that with him the whole time. I came back after a week in the hospital and shipped the cards. I told him I was having a Baez shipped from elsewhere as I didn't have time to dig and I didn't want to keep him waiting. I included $25 in extras as an apology for it taking a week to ship and got him all the cards guaranteed in the deal. It's not like I didn't send him everything. I did plus more.
I understand I should have fully communicated with I'm before sending. I have never taken out a top card and sent junk and this is actually the first time I ever sent what was no promised and I did so knowing I would get the deal fully done but I didn't want to keep him hanging and I told him that. I told him I had a Baez base headed to him. I explained that the book and extras were in the first package and a Baez base was on its way.

If you had someone else ship the card for you (Baez), why don't you offer to replace the damaged Baez with the Baez you could not find? Would that make this right, hofcollector?

Keegan, can you provide a scan of the Baez in your possession with today's date so we can all see the condition?

Also I would like to take all the credit for being unorganized. That's completely my fault. My dad has never made a crappy offer or made a mistake on either forum. It's been me overthinking things or under thinking them and not communicating and I'm genuinely sorry for those that have been effected by this. Is the future. I'll ship first. No more issues. No more awful trade offers. I'm sorry.
(02-13-2016, 02:06 PM)david campos Wrote: If you had someone else ship the card for you (Baez), why don't you offer to replace the damaged Baez with the Baez you could not find? Would that make this right, hofcollector?

Keegan, can you provide a scan of the Baez in your possession with today's date so we can all see the condition?

I'll have to look for it. I do have it. I'll start digging through boxes to locate it. The trader did have the other Baez that was sent in hand. He sent me a picture yesterday. He is currently sending it back. I will happily send him the one I have in hand if it makes it right. I just want to get it dealt with properly. I've never wronged anyone. It was me just underthinking and lacking communication.

(02-13-2016, 02:06 PM)david campos Wrote: If you had someone else ship the card for you (Baez), why don't you offer to replace the damaged Baez with the Baez you could not find? Would that make this right, hofcollector?

It's not for me to say if it would make it right. I know the other trader just wants to be done with these individuals and was at the point that they were willing to ship all cards back just to stop the nagging about the negative feedback.

(02-13-2016, 01:59 PM)thehueys Wrote: Just so everyone knows. I had the card in hand. The past month have been plagued with constant doctor and hospital visits as I(Keegan) have had a staph infection the size of a golfball in my neck. I communicated that with him the whole time. I came back after a week in the hospital and shipped the cards. I told him I was having a Baez shipped from elsewhere as I didn't have time to dig and I didn't want to keep him waiting. I included $25 in extras as an apology for it taking a week to ship and got him all the cards guaranteed in the deal. It's not like I didn't send him everything. I did plus more.
I understand I should have fully communicated with I'm before sending. I have never taken out a top card and sent junk and this is actually the first time I ever sent what was no promised and I did so knowing I would get the deal fully done but I didn't want to keep him hanging and I told him that. I told him I had a Baez base headed to him. I explained that the book and extras were in the first package and a Baez base was on its way.
I appreciate you trying to apologize, but it's all crap. You've been "plagued" by illness the last month but your healthy enough to hold auctions or razzies and trade on various sites... just not healthy enough to look for your "in hand" cards. This last trade in question has taken place over a month or so. You couldn't have dropped your mail off on one of your many doctor's office or hospital trips? Come on guy.

Thank you for this Hof.

I posted in the thread asking all of you folks for feedback on this, and the responses were astounding.

The trader (me) received the initially promised 2nd Baez in-hand yesterday. The card showed up, shipped from elsewhere (which does prove that card was never in the hands of the initial trader, who lives in Oregon and the card shipped from Illinois) in this condition:

[Image: Baez_zpsj6nflr2y.jpg]

I was then contacted and asked to change my feedback because I (finally) received the 2nd card that was actually shown in the trade. I promptly showed this picture to them, which resulted in me being told "There is nothing wrong with it. You're being overly picky and ridiculously unreasonable. If you're gonna be that way send it back. At the bare minimum fix the feedback so it shows you got all the cards promised"

I don't even know is feedback is alterable, but either way I still didn't get the card promised, as this card is not NM-MT in my eyes (I don't know about you folks).

I should note - this all wrapped up yesterday, while they received my end of the trade on January 26th (and posted the 1/1 involved on the 29th "for trade" here: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-158...ht=Yasmany). If you have time to post things for trade, you have time to ship.
Collecting:
Always open to prospect AUs. If leaving an Open Offer for a scarce card, please mention a valuation. Smile

MLB - Nolan Ryan, Griffey Jr., Trout, Kris Bryant
NBA - LeBron, Jordan
NFL - Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliott, Dallas Cowboys

(02-13-2016, 02:17 PM)garrisc Wrote: Not knowing the history I attempted a trade with this person last night. Did not go well and had to cancel. He could not find cards, did not want to trade one based on future value of his card and in general I felt was not interested in having both of us satisfied with the trade, which is my goal.

Ok now you're not speaking fact. I told you that the Buxton I wanted to hold onto because I think he'll be good and two of the cards you wanted were already traded I just forgot to take them out of my ORG. If you're going to come into this with the intent to attack me or have a say in the attack, at least speak fact.
(02-13-2016, 02:20 PM)spikeyx Wrote: Thank you for this Hof.

I posted in the thread asking all of you folks for feedback on this, and the responses were astounding.

The trader (me) received the initially promised 2nd Baez in-hand yesterday. The card showed up, shipped from elsewhere (which does prove that card was never in the hands of the initial trader, who lives in Oregon and the card shipped from Illinois) in this condition:

[Image: Baez_zpsj6nflr2y.jpg]

I was then contacted and asked to change my feedback because I (finally) received the 2nd card that was actually shown in the trade. I promptly showed this picture to them, which resulted in me being told "There is nothing wrong with it. You're being overly picky and ridiculously unreasonable. If you're gonna be that way send it back. At the bare minimum fix the feedback so it shows you got all the cards promised"

I don't even know is feedback is alterable, but either way I still didn't get the card promised, as this card is not NM-MT in my eyes (I don't know about you folks).

I should note - this all wrapped up yesterday, while they received my end of the trade on January 26th (and posted the 1/1 involved on the 29th "for trade" here: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-158...ht=Yasmany). If you have time to post things for trade, you have time to ship.

Two things on that. Last year's GQ had dark borders. The whiting is not chipping persay and Im sorry it wasnt in the great condition you thought it was in. I didnt know either.

On the other note. I have NEVER I repeat NEVER made a deal that I knew I didnt have in hand. If it was even questionable I would say something before making a deal. I told you and I stand by my reasoning of having a 3rd party ship that card to you because I have spent countless hours in the hospital getting tested, CT scans, Arrangements for surgery, etc.

Im currently locating the card I have in my posession.

The fact anyone here would think I would make a deal for a card I didn't have in my possession isn't okay. The past few years on this forum and blowout Ive had no issues. I have made some horrible offers and I apologize for that. But with over 220 100% positive between the two I have no interest to ruin a reputation like that. Yes, I should have been more organized and yes I should have communicated much much better. But the false accusations aren't okay.