`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone trade pre 73 cards anymore?

Anyone trade pre 73 cards anymore?
Let's start with I'm a baby boomer that grew up collecting and making sets. It seems that we are seeing less and less traders here dealing in older cards. Now I do occasionally like a autograph of one of my favorite players, however I much prefer dealing with vintage cards. Memorabilia cards mean zero to me. Sometimes I will pick up serial numbered cards of players I collect. Has this site gone almost strictly to autograph collectors? Use to be I could find folks to trade vintage commons or star cards with or help fill each other's sets. Pretty rare now. Are other sites better for this? Your thoughts?
Photobucket

RE: Anyone trade pre 73 cards anymore?
I trade vintage if you want to check me.

My main card in my pc is a vintage card!

Don't trade with list:dorkypunkrockerguy,newbieredsfan

I have some vintage still to trade

oh sure. I don't have a lot of vintage cards to trade and the ones I do get my hands on I typically keep. Unlesss you do a "new for old".
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

I have plenty of vintage available for trade in my ORG. Some not the best of shape, but I keep them available there for team collectors and people looking for set fillers.
Personally, I don't mind a little wear and tear on my vintage Tigers cards...they are vintage after all they should look like it.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

I'm in a couple of clubs that do a lot of vintage trading.

VCT "Vintage Card Traders" and OBC "Old Baseball Cards".
OBC is much more exclusively vintage and it is a very strong group.
VCT collectors collect vintage and UV as well. The focus is a little more on the vintage, most collectors in that club are set builders primarily as opposed to PC collectors, although there are some who have PC collections.
You can find both clubs online.

Also you may want to check out http://www.net54baseball.com/ if you want to find an active vintage trading community.

As it is, I don't carry the cards in my org anymore as I have way too many to post in there, but I've got easily 10,000-20,000 card dupes prior to 1973 if you want to trade.
[Image: sig2_zps1ec2af91.jpg]

I would trade for vintage, but sometimes I'm a little leery to do so, as some don't grade their cards as tightly as I do. I've gotten several vintage that were in the org at Ex-Mint or higher that I would have graded VG-Ex. I do have some for trade that are in the lower grades, I'll try to get them in my Org soon.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

(02-08-2016, 02:06 PM)jtysver1 Wrote: I'm in a couple of clubs that do a lot of vintage trading.

VCT "Vintage Card Traders" and OBC "Old Baseball Cards".
OBC is much more exclusively vintage and it is a very strong group.
VCT collectors collect vintage and UV as well. The focus is a little more on the vintage, most collectors in that club are set builders primarily as opposed to PC collectors, although there are some who have PC collections.
You can find both clubs online.

Also you may want to check out http://www.net54baseball.com/ if you want to find an active vintage trading community.

As it is, I don't carry the cards in my org anymore as I have way too many to post in there, but I've got easily 10,000-20,000 card dupes prior to 1973 if you want to trade.
I don't have that many but do have some extras I could add. Made my sets and now working on 54 Bowman in Ex condition. Just no creases please. Always looking for vintage Tigers also. In football working on 52 large Bowman.

Photobucket